Almost all my TP Link devices have disappeared from the Kasa app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-26 09:40:40
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've been adding TPLink smart bulbs and a few outlets to my house for several months. There are now 18 total, connected to Amazon Echo. Until a few weeks ago, I could access the TP Link devices on my phone Kasa app and also on my computer. Then, 17 of the devices just vanished from the Kasa app.

The only device still showing on the Kasa app is a bulb that I had to reprogram 3 times because it kept being "dropped" from the network. It's part of a named group but will not respond except via phone app. Echo can't "find" it. All the other bulbs in that group can only be operated via Echo. To turn on that group, consisting of 7 bulbs, I tell Echo to turn them on/off and then have to use my phone to deal with that one lone bulb.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Kasa app. No change; still just the one bulb showing.

Why have nearly all the devices disappeared from the app? How do I get them back? How do I prevent them from disappearing again? This has been very time-consuming as well as expensive.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Options
7 Reply
Re:Almost all my TP Link devices have disappeared from the Kasa app
2017-08-28 10:36:52
17 of the devices all vanished from Kasa at the same time? Had you login your cloud account to remotely control them, or you control them at home? Was there any power outage happened?Try reconfigure one device to add it to Kasa again. You can also reset it.
Options
2017-08-29 01:02:21
Yeah don't make me be all alone again being asked "what car is that?"
Options
2019-08-12 00:37:15

I’ve had the same problem.  The funny part is that some of the bulbs that have dropped had timers on them that are still working.  I just cannot get to them to turn them on or off or set a different brightness level.  They don’t show up on Alexa or the kasa app.  

Options
2020-04-09 03:12:28

I've experienced exactly the same problem. Well, scratch that, mine "disappeared" but still show.

Despite making no changes to my network or to my TP-Link Kasa inventory, I no longer can use any of my devices.

The symptoms as as folllows:

• All devices showing on the list in the Kasa app; however, all are grayed out and cannot be controlled, edited, or checked for status.
  • Unable to troubleshoot or fix the setup of any device. All just flash blue and occasionally are stuck in orange. But they are unresponsive.
  • Cannot reset and add the device again. Just sits and spins on blue/orange.

I'm completely shocked as everything worked flawlessly for several months. This is really unexpected for TP-Link, which has always been a go-to for me.

I can only conclude the entire set of switches and lightbulbs is bricked in some way.

With no word from the company, I'm guessing they do not back the product.  Is it end-of-life?

I guess my experience with IoT will be a lot more shortlived than expected.

Options
2020-11-03 14:11:20

@Tova Same here - all devices are gone in the app, no switch is responding through smartthings or homeseer.

Options
2021-10-01 23:01:24

So it would appear that tp-link has no support.

Options
2021-10-12 02:55:48

Good day@outflyin, sorry for the late response, if all the  Kasa devices grayed out on the Kasa app, it is possible there was an interruption on the Wireless connection and all kasa device were affected.

• At that time, please check the LED status on the tp-link devices , if it is not solid green, try to reboot WiFi router and see devices could connect back to router directly. 
  • Please also try to force close the APP and relaunch it. 
  • Try to a factory reset one of the kasa unit and  re-add it on kasa app and see if could connect to router successfully. 

If the above does not help, please let us know  the model number and led status on kasa devices, thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 10532

Replies: 7