How many M5 units can I use and layout question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-12-01 08:54:05
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a large property that I would like to paint with WIFI. I currently have 3 units covering the house and some of the property. However I would like wireless everywhere on my land. 1st question - Am I correct I can have upto 10 units? I think I will only need 8. 2nd question - Does each remote unit have to be in range of the base unit? By base unit I mean the one that is plugged into the cable router. If I can add units that only see a remote units does that cause a lag in the response?Question 2.5 - If I can can connect a remote unit to a remote unit can this only be done once? Can I connect - Base to remote only —— base to remote than to remote or can I go base to remote to remote to remote?Does that make sense?I know this request seems crazy but I would like WiFi out by my fire pit to stream music. The fire pit is a couple hundred feet from the house. Plus I want it in all my out building without having to use point to multipoint.
Options
2 Reply
Re:How many M5 units can I use and layout question
2017-12-01 17:29:29
Hi Warm Wisconsin,

1, you can have upto 10 Deco units in one network.
2, not necessarily, but recommended to have each remote Deco connected to the base Deco.
3, remote Decos(A) actually prefers to connect to the base Deco(B) even if another remote Deco(C) is right next to it, provided this Deco (A) still receives good signal from the base Deco(B).
4, Base )) (( Remote )) (( another remote, this is not recommended, nor does this Base )) (( Remote )) (( another remote )) (( a third remote.
Options
Re:How many M5 units can I use and layout question
2017-12-01 21:40:36

matt wrote

Hi Warm Wisconsin,1, you can have upto 10 Deco units in one network.2, not necessarily, but recommended to have each remote Deco connected to the base Deco.3, remote Decos(A) actually prefers to connect to the base Deco(B) even if another remote Deco(C) is right next to it, provided this Deco (A) still receives good signal from the base Deco(B).4, Base )) (( Remote )) (( another remote, this is not recommended, nor does this Base )) (( Remote )) (( another remote )) (( a third remote.
Ok. Thank you for the response. I will get my invisible fence guy to bury some Ethernet cable so I can wire additional units. I think I would prefer that over a point to multiple point system.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 814

Replies: 2

Related Articles