Archer C5400 - 2.4GHz band incredibly slow?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-11-05 10:20:27
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello. I understand that the C5400 unfortunatly has had issues with its 2.4GHz radio dying. I read the negative Amazon reviews when I purchased this product 1 year ago and hoped this would not be the case, but it seems my 2.4GHz band might be near death, as others have reported.

Up until about 3 weeks ago, my 2.4GHz speeds were fantastic. Now, suddenly, they've jumped down to <2mb/s which is unacceptable for such an expensive product. Pages take forever to load. Internet-connected apps like TeamSpeak and Discord lose connection frequently. Wireless printing over the 2.4GHz network make the printer behave erratically. No idea what's going on.

I'm hoping that because my 2.4 GHz network isn't fully dead yet, this might be a different issue. Any thoughts or known resolutions to this problem?

I've tried:
- Running in both Router and Access Point Modes (this router is solely for Wifi). No change.
- Router Factory Reset. No change.
- Using all three available Firmware versions. No change.
- Physically changing the location of the C5400. No change.
- Using a different (known working) Cat 6 cable to feed the C5400. No change.
- Changing 2.4GHz channel (Tried 1, 6, and 11). No change.
- Changing Channel Width settings, No change.
- Enabling Wireless-N mode ONLY. No change.

My network setup:
FIOS ONT -> Verizon G100 Quantum Router (Wireless Disabled) -> Archer C5400 (via. Cat 6)
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C5400 - 2.4GHz band incredibly slow?
2018-11-15 01:47:08

areis1 wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello. I understand that the C5400 unfortunatly has had issues with its 2.4GHz radio dying. I read the negative Amazon reviews when I purchased this product 1 year ago and hoped this would not be the case, but it seems my 2.4GHz band might be near death, as others have reported.

Up until about 3 weeks ago, my 2.4GHz speeds were fantastic. Now, suddenly, they've jumped down to <2mb/s which is unacceptable for such an expensive product. Pages take forever to load. Internet-connected apps like TeamSpeak and Discord lose connection frequently. Wireless printing over the 2.4GHz network make the printer behave erratically. No idea what's going on.

I'm hoping that because my 2.4 GHz network isn't fully dead yet, this might be a different issue. Any thoughts or known resolutions to this problem?

I've tried:
- Running in both Router and Access Point Modes (this router is solely for Wifi). No change.
- Router Factory Reset. No change.
- Using all three available Firmware versions. No change.
- Physically changing the location of the C5400. No change.
- Using a different (known working) Cat 6 cable to feed the C5400. No change.
- Changing 2.4GHz channel (Tried 1, 6, and 11). No change.
- Changing Channel Width settings, No change.
- Enabling Wireless-N mode ONLY. No change.

My network setup:
FIOS ONT -> Verizon G100 Quantum Router (Wireless Disabled) -> Archer C5400 (via. Cat 6)

That definatley does not sound normal at all. The steps you tried are pretty much the basic troubleshooting that would be recommended to try. At this point I would visit our support page to follow up with one of our agents.

Options
Re:Re:Archer C5400 - 2.4GHz band incredibly slow?
2018-11-25 02:17:00 - last edited 2018-11-25 02:17:46

Hello and thank you for the reply. After having multiple support calls/chats with TP-Link, I requested and recieved my replacement unit today. I am extremely dissapoiinted to find that I was sent a unit that is unable to use 5GHz wifi. The unit says "5GHz network is unavailable due to restrictions in your region/country."

I live in the US, 5GHz is allowed here, so I have been sent a defective unit. I can't even begin to express how dissappointed I am. I will be contacting support yet again, but I have no idea what to even do. I am left with a router with a 2.4GHz network that barely works, and another one that can't even turn its 5GHz network on. 

And op top of that, the old TP-link forum that I used to post my last post seems to have been locked down, so I had to make a new account on this website. 

Options