Odd Issue with AC1900 router...will only connect with certain devices.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-29 19:26:09

Our tplink ac1900 archer wifi router has worked flawlessly for a couple of years until yesterday. Since installing it, we have made zero changes to it or to anything connected to it. We have a wired/wifi network at home. The tplink is connected via cat5 cable in our house and we use it as our wifi network. We have two external devices connected to it via cat5, a netgear arlo camera setup, and our solar panel application.

Yesterday, my android phone would no longer connect to the tplink wifi network. I get a message that the network might not be available. Also, our solar system is no longer broadcasting data to their app even though that is hooked to the tplink router via cat5. I tried both 2.4 and 5 networks, same result. My wife's Iphone and my laptop continue to connect as they always have.

I have rebooted the router a couple of times to no avail. I also installed a spare tplink ac1700 archer router and had the same exact issue as above. I am stumped, not sure what might have changed to impact only certain devices via two different tplink routers set up identically. Thanks for any advice.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Odd Issue with AC1900 router...will only connect with certain devices.
2020-03-29 22:19:15
Have you tried power cycle of the devices, deleting (forget) the network on the devices and re-adding the WIFI network. Make sure the SSID is not hidden.
Options
2020-03-30 00:34:27

@ArcherC8 

Yes. I have rebooted the router multiple times, have forgotten the networks multiple times, to no avail. Oddest issue I've ever seen. My laptop still connects perfectly as does my wife's Iphone. But my android phone will not and one device we have feeding data via cat5 into the router is no longer getting data out for some reason.

Options
2020-03-30 12:28:24
You may have some interference on the channel that is being selected. Go to your router's 2.4 WIFI settings and try using different channels and widths. Channels 1, 6, and 11 do not overlap.
Options
2020-03-30 23:14:45

@cohenfive 

Just to add in, has the Android phone been tested on other Wi-Fi networks?

With the wired connection, have you tried swapping LAN ports and even the cable itself?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 775

Replies: 4

Related Articles