M9 and Ring Products; Tp-Link Ruining Ring Products??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-16 13:35:53

Purchased the newest M9 Deco Mesh System. 
I did this as I reside in an older home with plaster/metal screened underlath; read Faraday Cage. Setup went well and connectivity is great on mobile devices, however while in the same room as my chime is located, it said it could not connect. This was even though the Ring wifi scan showed it all green. 
Not having time to try again, I searched while waiting for an appointment. I saw a couple of posts where Ring products were being bricked by thr system I just bought to make them work better. 
so TP-Link, what is the current situation on this?

Has anything been investigated/tested?

Any fixes?

Thanks.  

Options
3 Reply
Re:M9 and Ring Products; Tp-Link Ruining Ring Products??
2020-06-17 21:52:19

@WMB.69 

Ring has a healthy history of not working well with mesh networks.

The bricking is something we have not seeing, but if you are seeing that, please contact our support as they would look into it for you.

You could try disabling the 5GHz band on the Deco, and try to set up the ring device again.

Options
2020-10-19 19:10:27

Is this issue resolved?

I have the similar issue, bought the ring doorbell 3 and tried connecting it with TP-link deco M9 plus mesh. I am able to hear the sound and see  the vidoe throgh my ring app but my ring app is not able to communicate with the doorbell, I verified ring app has the microphone access  but no luck make it work.  

I tried calling ring customer care and they said there is some ip blockage issue and I need to work with network engineer to fix this as there might be some ip/port blocking in the router but i do not see any blocked port on deco app. I also tried using 2.4 ghz of guest network for ring doorbll and it still  not working. One  thing i am not able to understand is that why i can see the incoming video/audio through dorrbell  to my phone but my outgoing voice from  phone to doorbell is not working

Options
2020-10-21 15:27:43

From what I can tell Ring Doorbells have issues with Mesh networks.  I have a replacement Ring Doorbell on the way but I don't think it will solve the problem. 

I have set my Deco M5 network to send notifications when my Ring Doorbell connects and disconnects.  On average it connects and disconnects every 2-3 minutes.  Sometime multiples times with in a minute.  I have tried a guest network set to only 2.4Ghz with beamforming on/off and fast roaming on/off and Mesh on/off on the device only.

I have since created a new wifi network with an old TP Link router and the connection seems to be stable.  My conclusion is Ring + TP Link Mesh = FAIL

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2263

Replies: 3

Related Articles