Connect my legacy Apple AIrport Express Base stations to the planned purchase of a Link Deco M9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connect my legacy Apple AIrport Express Base stations to the planned purchase of a Link Deco M9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-22 23:23:12
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a number of Airport Express base stations that I currently use to link stereo receivers in different rooms of my home to my Apple Airport Extreem base station wifi router.  I want to update and replace the Apple Airport Extreem base station with the TP Link Deco M5.  When I do this am I able to connect my AIrport Express base stations to it?  If so how?  Thanks in advance.

~Capt Alan

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connect my legacy Apple AIrport Express Base stations to the planned purchase of a Link Deco M9
2020-07-24 15:45:27

@Capt_Alan 

Every Deco node has two Ethernet ports so with the satellite units you can connect either a computer, switch, or router if you would like.

So connecting an Ethernet cable to one of the satellite nodes would be similar to connecting an Ethernet cable directly to the main Wi-Fi router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2897

Replies: 1

Related Articles