P9 (set of three) possible problem with set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-21 18:00:14
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 build 20200513 rel. 52023

Hello 

I recently set up a home mesh with three P9s. 

I've had issues with devices staying connected to a P9 further away when they are right next to another one. I've turnned off 'mesh' for some devices that stay in specific rooms.   

However, I have also had stalling when loading webpages of smartphone browser and Chromebooks etc, Google Hub's dropping out of connection until the Deco is powered on and off, and speedtest.net has returned, 'UPLOAD TEST ERROR - A socket error occurred during the upload test. A firewall could be blocking the connection or the server might be having some issues. Please try again later.'

Set up:

I'm in the UK with Broadband provider EE (50-53 Mbps download registering find and 17-8 upload). I'm using their Smart Hub router with the wifi turned off. The master P9 is directly connected to the EE Smart Hub router (as are three IoF hubs - Yale home security, Philips Hue, and Hive). The two other P9s are wireless linked, but the app indicates that the powerline backhaul is functional. One of those two slave P9s has IKEA tradfri attached by cable. There are 22 devices online, including: five smart plugs, a printer, various Google Home devices, two chromecasts, an Amazon firestick, smartphones and laptops.  

Could my problem be the set up of the router (i.e. it's not in modem mode because it has the three other devices attached by cable)? Is it likely that turning the router to modem mode will solve the problems? If so, do I need to buy an 'unmanaged switch' for the three IoF hubs currently attached to the router. Is it worth me experimenting by moving the three IoF hubs to the available ports on the P9 hubs (either with the current Router setting and/or when set to Modem mode)?

Thank you! 

Options
3 Reply
Re:P9 (set of three) possible problem with set up
2020-08-24 15:54:51

@Donostio 

You mentioned you already have an existing router, have you tried setting the powerline devices in Access Point mode to see how the network reacts?

Options
2020-08-24 20:51:54 - last edited 2020-08-24 21:06:07

@Tony Hi Tony, yes - the TP-link support suggested that. However, since doing so I have had the master unit going red and disconnecting from the internet. So rebooting 3 or 4 times a day. Suppport are now suggesting Moden mode on router and P9s back to routing.

Options
2020-08-25 18:12:04

@Donostio 

I see, I would recommend continuing to work with them. If they are not able to find a solution they should be able to begin the replacement process if need be.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 679

Replies: 3

Related Articles