Linux connection problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-15 18:11:12 - last edited 2020-10-15 20:40:35
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Linux zorin15 won't except my router password. It connects to my old router ok and my other devices including win 7. I went through all the trouble shooting that I know of without success. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Linux connection problems
2020-10-16 15:55:52

@Hasjr 

Try modifying the password or removing the password (just to test) to see if it may be related to that. You could also try changing the wireless security as well on each band to try and narrow down what it could be. After logging into the Archer A7, go to Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings to get to the menu you need to make those changes.

Also, if you have smart connect enabled, try disabling that.

Options
2020-10-16 17:31:12

Tony wrote

@Hasjr 

Try modifying the password or removing the password (just to test) to see if it may be related to that. You could also try changing the wireless security as well on each band to try and narrow down what it could be. After logging into the Archer A7, go to Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings to get to the menu you need to make those changes.

Also, if you have smart connect enabled, try disabling that.

@Tony thanks. I tried that and other things but none would work. Then I tried Linux 64bit and it worked as soon as I logged in. But still don't know why 64bit works but 32bit doesn't

Options
2020-10-16 18:49:55

@Hasjr 

Seems very odd as our routers don't really care what connects for example you can connect an Amazon fire tablet or a Nintendo Switch.

I would reach out to your local support team here: https://www.tp-link.com/support/

They should be able to work with your issue in more detail to see what the cause would be.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 464

Replies: 3

Related Articles