Cannot downgrade firmware on A9 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-02 17:10:54
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200416 rel.72485(5553)

My A9 cannot maintain a stable wireless connection to my devices(roku, 2-3 computers, 3-4 phones/tablets).  This is expecially noticeable when streaming to the roku.

My A9 originally came with firmware version 1.0.6 Build 20200114 rel.73164. I performed an update a month ago. The flakiness started shortly thereafter. When I replaced the A9 with my old Tenda router, everything worked fine. 

I tried to manually downgrade the A9 firmware to the previous, original version that was downloaded from the official site. All I see is an error dialog saying "Bad File Type" and it aborts the downgrade.

How do I accomplish the downgrade?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot downgrade firmware on A9 router
2021-03-02 22:59:44

@fubark 

The notes do not indicate you can not downgrade, but that may be the case. When you manually uploaded the firmware file, it should be the .bin file that is inside of the .zip file after being extracted.

If the .bin was tried, you could try modifying the wireless settings such as the channel width and channel in the wireless settings (Advanced > Wireless > Wireless Settings).

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 816

Replies: 1

Related Articles