Archer AX73 Access Point mode - LAN interfaces

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-31 17:30:36
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to use an Archer AX73 in Access Point mode.  I have the Archer connected to my firewall/router via the WAN port.  Wireless seems to work fine but the wired LAN ports do not seem to be attaching to the network.  Are the LAN ports used in Access Point mode?  Was I supposed to connect it to the network using a LAN port instead of the WAN?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX73 Access Point mode - LAN interfaces
2021-09-01 02:39:11

@almends 

Your setup should be good. 

If there is no internet from the AX73 LAN, please check and confirm if you can get a valid IP address from the network, you can visit here to find the IP address. Try with different cat 5e or 6 cables if necessary. You can also test the LAN connection on other devices.

What is the IP address on the devices that connect to the AX73 wireless? Is the gateway the same as that on the device that connects to the LAN?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-09-01 12:22:07

@Kevin_Z 

I was testing this on an existing network and the wireless 5g was interfering with my existing wifi 5g.  Bands were overlapping.  I need to figure that out as well since it doesn't appear that the Archer lets you edit the wireless bands used.   The Archer was correctly getting an IP and Gateway info from DHCP.  Connecting to the Archer from wireless devices worked fine (IP correctly assigned from upstream DHCP and internet access working).   When I physically plugged into the LAN ports on the Archer I was not getting assigned an AP from DHCP even when attempting an ipconfig /RELEASE - /RENEW.   nothing I plug into LAN is working and they are using cables that I used testing switches, hubs, firewalls and the router.   It doesn't say that LAN ports are not supported but if you carefully look at the graphic pictures on the Archers MODE menu you'll notice that in Router mode they show a line from the LAN ports to a device.  In the Access Point graphic they only show a device using wireless, the line from the LAN ports to a remote device is removed.   But they don't actually say it isn't supported.   I can't test right now because of the wifi conflict with existing Access point and Extenders.  My goal was to replace my current Netgear running as an Access Point with the TPLINK but I need to know if I have to add a hub/switch to make up for the lost ports if I can't use the Archer LAN ports.

Options
2021-09-02 05:57:02

@almends 

If the network layout firewall/router---(WAN) AX73---PC? What is the IP address you got on the PC? Have you tried different Ethernet cables? Is the Ethernet/LAN light on when you connect the PC to one of the LAN ports? Please take a laptop or PC for the test.

Regarding the 5G channel issue, can you find the Smart Connect feature when the AX73 is working in access point mode? You will need to disable the Smart Connect first, then you can modify the channel. You can find it under Advanced > Wireless Settings.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options