CAN'T CONNECT TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-14 16:09:11
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20211022 rel.58866

I'm using Windows 10 Pro. I have a 1TB external hard drive connected to TP-Link Archer A7 via a USB cable. I am running Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042. I am using a Dell Latitude 3510
I could always see the external drive in File Explorer, but could not access it to send files. I have just upgraded the firmware on my router to the latest version (1.1.4 Build 20211022 rel.58866. 
Any help on this issue will be appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:CAN'T CONNECT TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
2021-11-15 12:33:38

@hackSaw 

Hello, is it similar to the issue reported in this article?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1354/

It's suggested to follow this guide also to check all the setting parameters on the router:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2385/

BTW, what is the brand of the hard drive? Try another one if possible.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:CAN'T CONNECT TO EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE
2021-11-17 12:47:49 - last edited 2021-11-17 12:56:57

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for your response, Kevin

I checked out all 3 of your suggestions.

The first is not relevant to my problem

Following the guide you suggested, I checked the box FTP (via internet)  in my router (Archer A70 All other boxes that were necessary were checked. I rebooted and tried to map the drive and again, it ask me for my "Windows Credentials" password which I did not have. I tried creating another user and logged in with that and was not able to map the drive due to not being able to get past the first hurdle of "Windows Credentials". I wonder if I did have my credentials would be able to map the drive since I can't see it with, "This PC"?

I am using a 1TB Toshiba external hard drive.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 743

Replies: 2

Related Articles