AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Router poor devioce connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-12-28 16:44:54
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0

Recently the lights went out on my wifi router. Powering off and then on didn't help however a hard reset did. 
Since then the Wifi quality has been nonexistent. 
There are no faults to my knowledge inside the settings at http://tplinkwifi.net/ however the data transfer rate may as well not exist at all. 

Speedtest app indicates a connection but now and again the connection just disappears, yet the wifi logo indicating a connection stays.

What can I do?

Options
4 Reply
Re:AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Router poor devioce connection
2021-12-29 08:46:45

@DeanoSauruz 

Hello, can you please explain in detail what does it mean by "the lights went out on my wifi router"? Which light or lights are you referring to? The internet light or the Wi-Fi LEDs? How often does it happen? You can try resetting it to factory defaults first, then reconfigure it from scratch to see if it helps.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-01-02 14:37:34

@Kevin_Z All of the lights on thje top of the wifi router were out, gone, not on. 
I hard reset the router after turning it on and off didn't work, as well as updating to the latest firmware.
I cannot say how often it happened as it was only because myself and my wife noticed how suddenly terrible our wifi connections were.
After factory resetting the lights now stay on all the time however the wifi data transfer seems to have gone from 100% to 10%

My ethernet connected PC in my office works fine, now and again ill get data drops and websites that just refuse to load, but our wifi connected mobile devices around the house have now become practically useless and we settle for our mobile data over the wifi.

What's with the sudden drop in quality? What can I do to look further into what the issue may be? 

Options
2022-01-04 17:38:54

@Kevin_Z Any thoughts or ideas? 
Connectivity with wifi devices is terrible and resetting the router and hard rebooting doesn't alleviate the issue at all. 

Options
2022-01-05 07:37:48

@DeanoSauruz 

Are there any range extenders connecting to the A6 network? If not, please try disabling the Onemesh feature on it, then monitor again.

Please also try monitoring the issue next time that if it happens when more client devices connect to the network, how many devices are connected to it at that time, etc. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 776

Replies: 4

Related Articles