Deco P9 Web Management

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 Web Management

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco P9 Web Management
Deco P9 Web Management
2022-09-26 17:46:27
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I get somewhat frustrated having to have apps to manage something like an access point. 

My phone offloaded the TPLink app to manage my Deco P9 devices. So, I downloaded it again, tried to log in, reset my password and none of my devices are there. So now it wants me to set them all up again, which I really don't want to have to do. 

Is there no simple way of managing these without having to use a mobile app. I have accessed the web interface but it's so basic and purely for reporting it would seem, I am shocked you can not manage these from a browser and you need to use an app. 

Thank you. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Web Management
2022-09-26 17:51:05

Update: I see no way of adding pre-setup devices within the app, so it seems they all need resetting? 

Options
Re:Deco P9 Web Management
2022-09-27 09:57:45

@Kyias 

It is suggested to refer to this link:

Paint Your Home in Wi-Fi/ Let's begin on the Deco APP

I agree they said that you might reset the password when Deco was offline and now the hardware still thought it had the old password while the APP already synced the new password. so you could try to change the password back to the previous one to make it link with the previous account. But if you have forgotten the password already, I am afraid that you have to reset all.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 331

Replies: 2

Related Articles