Does Router Speed Effect Wi-Fi 6 Speed?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-12 20:26:17
Model: Deco X20-4G  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My provider (Frontier FIOS) network connection is 50 mb upload and 50 mb download.  I noticed that network speed on the backplane at my two TV sets where I have each of my DECO X20 devices connected via ethernet cables to my ROKU boxes that wired speed is 48 mb.  If I were to change my service to Frontier's 100 mb service would I see a speed increase on the wired connections at the ROKU devices?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Does Router Speed Effect Wi-Fi 6 Speed?
2022-10-12 22:44:26

@Gary1234 

WiFi 6 specs only apply to the wireless bands provided by the X20.  They do no have anything to do with the ethernet speeds.  You are pretty much getting your current full bandwidth via ethernet with the current speed package.  If you were to upgrade to 100 Mbps you could reasonably assume that would be the same result with the new speed.  I would say 95-98 Mbps would be reasonably achieved.  I would recommend Cat5E cable at least though. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 243

Replies: 1

Related Articles