Deco X55's all red after December Firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-04 19:38:38 - last edited 2023-01-04 19:46:51
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Deco X55(US)_V1.6_1.1.0 Build 20221102

After updating my deco's to the december firmware they're all red saying no internet. Previous firmware was the May release. Hardware V1.6.

I've tried reboot, hard reset, firmware downgrade (not allowed in webui), also tried the support articles to set DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 (and the other associated setps).  

Deco does get an IP from the modem.

Modem is set for IP passthrough and DHCP disabled. Modem model is Netgear MR1100 4g modem with ethernet out.

Plug PC directly into the modem and it works just fine. Plug back into old Netgear Nighthawk wireless router and it works as well. 

Thoughts?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X55's all red after December Firmware update
2023-01-05 02:52:34

@Lateforwork2 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know who is your internet service provider? Have you ever checked whether the current IPV4 address on Deco X55 is the same as what the PC got when it was directly connected to the modem?

If possible, It is also suggested to refer to this link to clone the MAC address of the laptop on the Deco:

How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-01-05 13:56:34 - last edited 2023-01-05 13:57:12

@David-TP Thank you for the response!

The modem is custom configured by me, the service provider is AT&T 4g, through the Netgear MR1100 2A1NAS (supports band 14). IP Passthrough enabled, and DHCP disabled. 

Everything was good until the firmware upgrade, right after that, all went to red. 

The IPV4 address was exactly the same at the PC as it was in the Deco, and I did give cloning a shot, twice just to be sure. 

I ended up returning the first set, and picked up another set of the x55's which have the May firmware and it works perfectly again, however now I'm stuck with no ability to upgrade without fear that I will lose internet again. Just to note, the new deco's are under my second account if you'd like to look at the setup, I message you my other email address. 

I'm not the best when it comes to IP addressing and subnetting, but can get by. Everything looked correct to me, which leads me to think I'm missing something, or there is some type of bug. 

How do you suggest to move forward? I'd be happy to upgrade and troubleshoot, but I have no way to downgrade....even tried a few other crafty ways with the bin files and hex editors to downgrade :)  Can my webui be edited to allow downgrade? 

Thank you for your time!

Evan

Options
2023-01-10 18:31:17

@David-TP 

Any other ideas? Is this the type of thing that I should spin up a support call when I go to upgrade? The issue being that with no internet connectivity, not sure how TP would get access to my system to troubleshoot. 

Thank you!

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 560

Replies: 3

Related Articles