wireless Canon Officejet 8600 won't connect, can't print but is online & says connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

wireless Canon Officejet 8600 won't connect, can't print but is online & says connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-15 03:51:02
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 3.2.6

Wireless cannon officejet 8600 not printing from computer will print from Iphone  tried troubleshooting thru windows, no luck 

Options
3 Reply
Re:wireless Canon Officejet 8600 won't connect, can't print but is online & says connected
2023-01-17 08:33:25

@Nealou812 

Hi, Have you successfully added the Canon Officejet 8600 as a local wireless printer on the windows computer?

You could turn off the firewall on the computer, and set the Deco Wi-Fi as a private network, such as 

Make a Wi-Fi network public or private in Windows

If the printer has been added successfully, an error pops up when trying to print files, it would be nice to share a picture of the error message here.

Options
Re:wireless Canon Officejet 8600 won't connect, can't print but is online & says connected
2023-03-04 06:21:36

@Nealou812 

If your wireless printer isn't printing, be sure to check your settings. Make sure your Wi-Fi is enabled, and then check to be sure you're connected to the correct Wi-Fi network. I faced the similar issue with my Munbyn Wireless Printer and this guide is often helpful. You can often check your connectivity by printing a network configuration sheet by selecting this option from the printer's display menu.

Options
2023-03-06 05:35:39

@Nealou812 ive had issues for years with my Canon wireless printer. the issues started years ago with an old D Link router and i still have very slow or delayed connections now with my deco network. ive even assigned it a static IP and it still sometimes has connection issues. i think its a Canon issue honestly and not necessarily your network. i find when i print wirelessly now, it just takes a few minutes for it to connect the print job after i select the printer.

Options