XE75 Internet doesn't work when Cloned MAC in use

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-10 15:49:53
Tags: #DOUBLE NAT
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.5 Build 20230530 Rel. 46610

I have finally upgraded from an Ax1800 to a mesh system with 2 XE75s.
My ISP doesn't allow me to use my own modem/ont so I am stuck with their modem router combo.
I was able to clone my Mac Adress with AX1800 and bypass my ISP's router and not get Double Nat.
Right now when I try the same thing with XE75 I lose my internet connection unless I switch it back to default MAC address which then brings on double nat.
I have updated the firmware on both of them and tried both of them as the main unit.
I called my ISP to double check the bridge mode but do you guys think its related to my ISP's device or mine.

Hope you can help me with this.

Options
3 Reply
Re:XE75 Internet doesn't work when Cloned MAC in use
2023-06-12 11:11:17

@Elci 

Hi, welcome to the community.

May I know your internet service provider and the model number of your ISP-provided modem/ONT device?

Have you tried to power off the modem for about 5-10mins, then power it back and connect Deco XE75 to the modem again to see whether it helped?

If it did not help, would the main XE75 stay solid red?

• If you connect back to Deco Wi-Fi and go to Deco APP>More>Internet connection, what is the current IPV4 address here?

When the MAC address was switched back to the default one, what would be the IPv4 address at this moment?

It would be highly appreciated if you could send these pictures to support.forum@tp-link.com.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-06-12 13:58:03

@David-TP

Hi David

ISP : Optimum

Modem Model : GR140DG

Powering off the modem after cloning the MAC did not help and the light on the XE75 stayed red.

The IPV4 address is a private one "192.168.1.139"

which is not even similar to the IP that is shown in the GR140DG's settings.

I believe the IPV4 address never changed since I lose instant connection of internet access when I clone the MAC address.

Options
2023-06-19 10:09:54

@Elci 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

Were you still having the same issue?

If yes, I would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check whether you have got an email from us.

Best regards.

Options