Which outdoor range extender is compatible with TP-Link OneMesh?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-17 14:33:32

I have the AXE300 router and a RE600x range extender. These work great indoors. I'd like to add an outdoor range extender for my yard. The only consumer-grade outdoor extender is Deco and that requires a separate base unit. I want to just extend my current network similar to what the RE600x is doing with OneMesh. The business-grade EAP650 looks interesting but can that be run as a stand-alone unit? Does it support OneMesh? I don't want to add any more interior gear, just extend what I already have. What can I use?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Which outdoor range extender is compatible with TP-Link OneMesh?
2023-08-18 01:57:37

@jebsilver 

Hi, welcome to the community.

EAP650 does not support OneMesh and it could create EAP Mesh with other EAPs. Moreover, it needs to be connected to the router via an Ethernet cable.

Deco X50-Outdoor is quite the same. It does not need a base unit but it also needs to be wired into the main router.

TP-Link Omada Mesh VS Deco Mesh VS OneMesh™: What's the Difference?

By the way, How far away from the main building(or main router) are you going to install this outdoor extender?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-18 16:46:36

The extender will be about 50 feet from the building. I've confirmed the location is within my current WiFi range.

Options
2024-01-08 05:06:19

@jebsilver I too have been looking for an Outdoor OneMesh Wi-Fi range Extender unit to work with my TP-Link AXE5400 OneMesh Router to reach the Ring Camera I have on the back side of my Shop that faces away from the house Wi-Fi. After learning the hard way that all of these different types of mesh networks are not compatible with each other, I found the tp-link AXE5400 OneMesh Range Extender and plugged that into the inside of my metal shop building facing the house Router in a window, and that is now enough to get my Ring Camera to connect, but the signal is not as strong as I would like and I am having reduced speed issues causing that camera feed to be slower.. so I am thinking of returning everything and going with the Deco mesh network system. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1326

Replies: 3

Related Articles