Connecting two routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connecting two routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connecting two routers
Connecting two routers
2023-10-23 21:18:05
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.4 Build 20230906 rel.74809

I am not sure if this is a weird question, but I will give it a try.

I have an Archer AX11000 and want to buy a BE900 router.

Can these two routers be connected to form a Mesh network?

Thank you for any indications you may provide.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connecting two routers
2023-10-24 00:45:53

@Pierangelo 

Not weird at all and the answer is eventually.  Right now both routers support OneMesh, but OneMesh only allows for 1 router to be in a network.   Eventually, the AX10000 will have EasyMesh support added.  When this happens both The BE900 and the AX10000 can be used in a single network.  The BE900 would be the desired unit to be the Main and then the AX10000 as the remote/satellite unit.  

We do not have a timetable of when the feature will be added but you can check back here on Fridays as that is when new updates are added.

Options
Re:Connecting two routers
2023-10-24 00:49:03

@Pierangelo 

No. Google tp link onemesh for routers that support onemesh and they only mesh with extenders. 

you can connect two routers with one in router mode and the other in AP mode. Not as good. If you need mesh, get a mesh system for best results. 

I considered a mesh system as I had a router and an extender. My new router got the coverage so no extender now. Less is better. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 734

Replies: 2

Related Articles