Windows 11 will not detect TX401 network adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-28 19:38:31
Model: TX401  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

yesterday I got a new computer, with an ASUS TUF B650-PLUS motherboard. I bought the TX401 a few months ago and it's been working perfectly on my previous PC, based off the Gigabyte B450M DS3H. I had it inserted on a PCIe x16 slot, no problems at all.

Today I had to setup my new PC, and there is no way I can get Windows to detect the network card. Downloaded the drivers, updated everything, double and triple checked the connection to make sure it's not loose... and still I can't get it to work. It does recognize the driver, but it just says "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer". It's now mounted to another PCIe x16 slot, so that's fine, I even swapped slots, and nothing. It's firmly connected, I tried to swap Ethernet cables and nothing (but since the problem is Windows not detecting it I guess it doesn't matter), just don't know what to do.

I feel like I've tried everything, but I'm 99% sure it can't be due to a hardware issue because it's working wonderfully until less than 12 hours ago, and I've been working with electronics many years and I handle them carefully. Can anyone suggest anything I can try to make it work?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Windows 11 will not detect TX401 network adapter
2024-03-12 10:30:43

@Hyouran 

Considering "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer" using another PCIe x16 slot on your new MB would be the way to go.

If the issue persists you could try to install the adapter into another MB just to check if there's no HW issue with the network card itself.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 681

Replies: 1

Related Articles