Upgrading Question

Upgrading Question
Upgrading Question
2024-04-13 23:27:46
Model: Deco W2400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello.

I was just made aware that the Deco product I purchased has dowload/upload limiters preventing me from acheiving speeds upwards of 100mbps.  Without having to completely redo my deco setup (meaning I'd like to keep most of the w2400 around the house as 100mbps is fine for most things).  From what I have read, it sounds like I am going to want to replace my main deco router (the one connected to my modem).  By doing so I would be able to increase speeds from any device directly connected to it, or how would that work exactly. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Upgrading Question
2024-04-14 21:43:00

@Kempfer 

Deco W2400 has 2× 10/100 Mbps Ports. That's the bandwidth bottleneck you're talking about.

Since Deco units are compatible with each other, if you place a main Deco unit which is a gigabit port capable this will allow you to have greater speeds for every client directly connected (wired or wireless).

Keep in mind that if Deco W2400 unit is connected to this new main unit, it would still connect at 100 Mbps.

That means this would be valid only for gigabit capable client devices directly connected to the main unit.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 165

Replies: 1

Related Articles