Upgrading System

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Upgrading System

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Upgrading System
Upgrading System
2022-09-13 00:10:05 - last edited 2024-07-02 00:32:59
Model: Deco X68  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am upgrading my mesh. Looking for some set up options

My current set up

3 Deco M9 Plus V1

1 Deco M9 Plus V2

2 Deco M5

I am upgrading to 3 Deco X68 and will use the X68 as the primary and add the others in the setup. I know from reading the most pods you can have is 10 for adequate functionality. looking for best sey up options and anything I need to be aware of. Thx in advance.

Ronald
Options
1 Reply
Re:Upgrading System
2022-09-13 22:48:55 - last edited 2024-07-02 00:32:55

@Rotan50,

You are correct, we only recommend a maximum of 10 nodes for a network. Any more than this, and the interference from nodes and networking routes will become too complicated to be efficient.

When upgrading your Deco network, keep in mind that the overall feature set is determined by what unit you use as the main unit.

If you are using a wireless backhaul, you can help your network by trying to add wired backhauls between nodes. Just remember that everything you add to the network will be potentially bottlenecked by the devices and connections between the node and the main network,  so try to provide high-bandwidth connections as far as you can back to the main node.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 381

Replies: 1

Related Articles