What is IP address of extender?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-07-14 02:12:15
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have successfully set up my RE505x repeater via the Tether app. However I want to access the router from my PC. 

The instructions say to simply go to tplinkrepeater.net, however that only opens a page that says:

Trying to Configure the Range Extender?

It looks like you may have run into an issue

I am connected to the router's _EXT SSID and internet is working fine. However I can't access the router's settings page. This happened to me with my previous repeater too. Why isn't this tplinkrepeater.net page working as instructed? I have set everything up according to the instructions exactly. 

I was able to successfully figure out the address by running ipconfig /all and seeing DHCP server is http://192.168.0.5/. However I don't know why the extender is a DHCP server? I just want the tplinkrepeater.net link to work as instructed. 

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:What is IP address of extender?
2021-07-15 01:12:50

@dresoccer4  Hello, 

Clear the browsing history and cache and try a different Web browser on your laptop to login ' tplinkrepeater.net' 

Try a different device, like a different computer or cell phone to log in Web UI. 

You could reserve an IP address for range extender on router ( set up on IP reservation for RE on router's settings), in that way  RE 's IP does not often change and you could login via RE's IP address. 

Options
2021-07-15 01:58:44

@Solla-topee 

I have tried on multiple laptops as well as my iPhone but for whatever reason that link does not go to the extender's login page. I literally just used the tether app to set it up per the instructions, then tried to go to tplinkrepeater.net but it didn't work.

Does this work for other people? What ip address is tplinkrepeater.net  supposed to go to? I'm not an IT expert so don't really understand how it all works. All I know is I have to go to http://192.168.0.5 for the login screen to work.

Options
2021-07-20 09:29:26

@dresoccer4 

' tplinkrepeater.net' corresponds to the IP address of RE , after RE being set up, RE will get a new IP address from router and the IP could be found on router's DHCP client list

Or could type in 'cmd' in Windows search bar to open command window,  put in ' nslookup tplinkrepeater.net ' to check the IP address . 

Sometimes browsers will direct to the Google search results when use the domain, but domain should be working as we often use domain to set up RE or test its firmware.  

You could also try Incognito Mode on the browsers  clear the browser cache and history and try to login.

Just type in ' tplinkrepeater.net ' in the address bar. 

If still the same, may I have a photo of the login page, which browser you have tried, thank you. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1080

Replies: 3

Related Articles