Feature Request: Allow Deco iOS app to run on macOS

2024-05-14 00:50:15
Model: Deco  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

This is regarding the iOS Deco app version 3.7.39. Whether intentionally supported by TP-Link or not, for some time the iOS Deco app could run under macOS on Apple Silicon Macs, and ran quite well with full functionality. As I manage multiple Deco networks, this has been incredibly useful for me as it's easier to type in values, change settings, and view lists on a large screen versus iPads and iPhones, and I have been using it alongside other more sophisticated network analysis and visualization apps on macOS.

With the latest update of the iOS Deco app via the App Store it no longer runs on macOS (Sonoma 14.4.1) - it can be installed, but freezes on launch. I'd like this app to officially be supported on macOS, or at least tested on macOS.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Feature Request: Allow Deco iOS app to run on macOS
2024-05-14 10:34:11

@Kevcom 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

Are you able to refer to this link to help me submit the APP log before the APP crashed:

How to submit Deco APP log

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options
Re:Feature Request: Allow Deco iOS app to run on macOS
2024-08-13 08:21:21

@Kevcom 

Hi there Kevcom,

I was just trying to install the deco app on my macbook. I'm trying to use version 3.8.10 (950) and while it doesn't hang, it's asking for me to allow it to have local network permissions. I've got other appls like Eufy running on the macbook but they just worked straight away.

How did you get Deco working on your macbook?

Deco app network access request screen

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 389

Replies: 2

Related Articles