Your router allows unchecked UPnP and NAT-PMP

2024-07-10 16:37:04

I have an archer ax55 router. I am trying to make my network as secure as possible but I am far from an IT expert. I keep getting this warning (Your router allows unchecked UPnP and NAT-PMP) and it recommends I turn this off. Now, I'm a plug and play level computer person. I don't know the first thing about ports, port forwarding, etc. So, if I turn this off I'm afraid it's just going to make my entire system go haywire. I have several home security cameras, some wireless and some spoe. The five spoe cameras have open ports, and of course it recommends closing them. 

So, my question is how should I proceed? Should I not worry about it and leave it as it is or should I turn it off? If I turn it off how do I even begin to reset everything so that it works? 

I know this is a pretty novice issue for most of you but not for this 70 year old lol. Just needing some feedback and suggestions. Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Your router allows unchecked UPnP and NAT-PMP
2024-07-10 18:45:32

@Leon276 

I would turn them off one at a time and see what affect it has on your network. If the result is not good set it back on. I like to power cycle the router after I make changes. 

I suspect you will not have any issues unless you are a gamer or have nvr security cameras. 

If you have an issue, let us know as there can be a work around. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 306

Replies: 1

Related Articles