Dedicated Wireless Backhaul on BE85

2024-07-26 14:42:36 - last edited 2024-07-29 15:03:27
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.18 Build 20240409 Rel. 41111

About a month ago I bought Deco BE85 (BE22000) wifi 7 routers (pack of 3).  I set them all up and all is worknig fine. I then went into the deco app on my phone and turned on dedicated wireless backahaul for 6ghz since I don't currently have any 6ghz devices.  I also remember that was before I upgraded to the lateset firmware, so that could have something to do with the issue I am going to explain below, but not sure.

I am going to get a 6ghz device in a few days so in preparation for that I turned on the 6ghz wifi and MLO, but I noticed I no longer have the dedicated wireless backhaul switch in the deco app if I wanted to go back. It just disappeared.

Any thoughts?  Did the firmware upgrade remove it? I looked everywhere in the deco app and can't find it. Does it get set automatically based on if the 6ghz is turned on or off?

Thanks, Any help would be appreciated

Options
1 Reply
Re:Dedicated Wireless Backhaul on BE85
2024-08-01 23:39:45

@jeffrozica 

I think you want the MLO network on regardless as the Decos themselves can be WiFi 7 MLO clients to each other and hence would benefit from the multiband connections even if you don't have WiFi 7 devices, assuming your home and Deco placement was condusive for multiband connections over WiFi.

Hence, in theory, for example, your WifI 5 device could connect to a Deco node at 2.4 gigs, the node Deco sends that to the main Deco over MLO using say the 6 Ghz band and the 5 Ghz band using all the WiFi 7 goodness like 4K QAM (etc etc), and the main Deco then sends that out to the internet.

My Deco system is in Access Point mode. I have 2 Deco's connected via ethernet to my router. Even in Access Point mode however, there is a concept of a "main" Deco. My node shows connected via ethernet to my main Deco and I cannot change that. My third Deco is connected to my main Deco via WiFi. I have the option to change what Deco it connects to via "Connection Preference"; however, I cannot change "how" it connects, or the "Signal Source". In my case it says the "Signal Source" is 2.4Ghz/5 Ghz/6 Ghz).

Not sure if this helps ...

(Smarter folks ... correct me if I am wrong.)

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 333

Replies: 1

Related Articles