Archer BE900 unstable IOT and 5g not even discoverable on iphone

2024-07-28 14:53:06
Model: Archer BE900  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Brand new smart locks from Yale are constantly dropping off and back on the 2.4 IOT network. When I enable the 5G IOT network that I want to use for family and friends when they come over no devices can even discover it. When I first got the machine a few weeks ago randomly I could see the 5G IOT network now nothing.

in general all Wi-Fi seems unstable. My computer Del XPS about 15 feet away, constantly drops and picks up the 5G network as well.

I have done the scanner on the device several times to scan for network interference, and nothing improves

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer BE900 unstable IOT and 5g not even discoverable on iphone
2024-08-08 06:13:10

@Berselik 

Are you experiencing this dropout issue when connecting to the 2.4G/5G IoT network only?

How about the main 2.4G and 5G wireless networks, are they stable? How about the wired/Ethernet connection, is it stable?

What are the wireless settings on the BE900 when this happens? Are the 2.4G and 5G wireless channels Auto, and channel width 20/40MHz? You may try to run a Wi-Fi Analyzer to find a clearer channel for both 2.4G and 5G.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-08-10 15:50:57

@Berselik 

This is on the 2.4G IOT the 5G IOT wasn't even showing as discoverable on any devices like iphone etc till i rebooted the router several times over several days.

The Main 2.4 and 5G are also on auto channel and the 20/40 and those have been having all devices drop off 1-4 times a day for about 5 min then they all re-connect....

I also have the 6g running as well

Options
2024-08-12 07:26:48

@Berselik 

Can you please confirm how many devices are connecting to the 2.4G network and how many are planning to connect to the 5G?

If both the main 2.4G and 5G and the IoT 2.4G and 5G are having issues, I would prefer to escalate the case to our support engineers for further investigation. They may email you and may require a remote session to check the settings on the router.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 143

Replies: 3

Related Articles