Galaxy S24 "connected without Internet" or stuck on 2.4 GHz

2024-08-09 20:07:28
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20230906 rel.52143(5553)

I recently set up an old TP-Link Archer AX6000 (in AP mode) to replace Deco P9, and for a few weeks, I did not notice any issues with the Archer. Now our Galaxy S24 and S24+ phones have trouble connecting. Sometimes they will connect to 2.4 GHz at close range when 5 GHz is much better, and sometimes the Galaxy phone goes into a loop "connected without internet," it disconnects, it reconnects, and repeats. I found several posts here on this forum (one , two) and a sammobile article describing this issue with the Galaxy S23, but those are old. There was a new firmware for a new Deco that helped some users.

I have not noticed this issue with ~30 network clients in our house.

Question: is there yet a solution for this problem for the Archer? 

So far I disabled Smart Connect while keeping both SSIDs the same, set the 5GHz band to 80 MHz (because 160 may have issues), and I scheduled weekly reboots. That did not help, so I am currently testing turning off OFDMA and MI-MUMO while forcing 5 GHz to channel 36. It may take days to check whether this works. If these do not work, I am considering adjusting the beacon interval (suggested in a TP Link forum post) or turning off 802.11ax (which I do not want to do).

Options