LAN stuck on 100mbps after setting up EasyMesh

2024-08-19 19:29:30
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20240325 rel.39241(5553)

Second router is also an Archer AX73 except it's build v2. Firmware is 1.1.0 Build 20240303 rel.70541.  On the back of the router, the main is v1 build and the satellite says v2 build. Hence the differing firmware versions...  

I just bought the second AX73 a couple days ago.  The other I've had for a little under 1 year but have had dead spots, so I picked up a second AX73 to setup Easymesh. 

I ran cat5e cable from my modem to new location for original router.  Before moving it, I directly connected my laptop to LAN to confirm everything was wired properly.  I ran a speed test while plugged in (speedtest.net) and got 915mbps.  All good there.  

Then I moved the original router to the new location and rebooted it.  Everything working as expected.  Retested at ~915mbps.

I then ran cat5e from the new location for original router to the placement of the satellite router (identical router).  I plugged in the satellite and directly plugged into a LAN port.  I then updated to the latest firmware and ran the same speed test as before.  I got slightly higher speed here but approximately 950mbps.  Everything working as expected!  

Next, I followed instructions online and configured Easymesh.  I set the new router to satellite mode and everything is working fine.  No stability issues or anything like that. 

Problem is, after I setup Easymesh, the negotiation speed on the LAN ports is 100mbps now!   I changed the negotiation speed setting from auto to 1000mbps full duplex as TP Link troubleshooting article states and rebooted.  Unfortunately it does nothing.  Still only seeing 100mbps.  I get 95mbps running speedtest.net 

I ran another speedtest but this time on Wi-Fi with my surface pro 6 and got 450mbps. 

What am I doing wrong?   LAN is getting capped by software it seems.  

Some articles/forums have suggested swapping out cables.  I don’t think that’s the issue though because I’ve already confirmed 1000mbps LAN on both routers before setting up Easymesh.

Anyways, I’ve tried moving to another LAN port, I’ve tried setting negotiation to 1000mbps and rebooting, I’ve changed it back to auto and rebooted, and back again to 1000mbps but LAN is still capped at 100mbps.  

right now I have:

smart connect disabled 

NAT enabled

OFDMA disabled

TWT disabled

IPv6 disabled

MU-MiMO enabled

additional router is in satellite mode

Can anyone help?  

Options
2 Reply
Re:LAN stuck on 100mbps after setting up EasyMesh
2024-08-19 22:44:26

Please let me know if I can share anymore information or screenshots that would help!

Options
Re:LAN stuck on 100mbps after setting up EasyMesh
2024-08-20 23:28:52

@bigshooTer39 

Cables will cause it to drop to 100 as that speed uses only half of the wires where all are needed for faster speeds. I would test them again and check the ports on the router for bent pins.

Next I would try swaping the two routers since they are the same.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 114

Replies: 2

Related Articles