Adding X5000 Deco Mesh system to AT&T Fiber Gateway BGW320-505

2024-08-22 17:02:08
Model: Deco X5000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

What is the correct configuration for setting up the Deco X5000 system with AT&T Fiber Gateway BGW320-505?  Do I need to put the BGW320-505 in bridge mode?  If so, how do I do that?  What are the exact steps, including what ports to use for the associated ethernet cables? 

Do I need to be concerned with backhaul method?  (What exactly is that and why is it needed?)

I have limited knowledge but can follow step by step instructions.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Adding X5000 Deco Mesh system to AT&T Fiber Gateway BGW320-505
2024-08-22 22:25:55

@KFB 

Would need to start by contact ATT and getting the WAN settings.  Once you have those then we can better direct you to the setting and how to configure the system 

Options
Re:Adding X5000 Deco Mesh system to AT&T Fiber Gateway BGW320-505
3 weeks ago

@KFB 

What is you existing setup?

If you simply want to add a Deco mesh to a working installation based on the AT&T box, to extend your wifi coverage, you could simply configure the Deco in Access Point mode, let the AT&T box remain running as is (preferably with no wifi), connect the main Deco by Ethernet to the AT&T box, and, if possible, connect the other Deco by Ethernet to the box or to another Deco.  If a satellite Deco cannot reach another Deco by Ethernet, it will attempt reaching it via wifi.

If you want to use other features of the Deco, then you should run the Deco in Router mode, and run the AT&T box in bridge mode, or something similar.

You will configure the Deco as instructed by AT&T to connect to Internet.

In that mode, the main Deco must be connected to the box via Ethernet, and the other Deco cannot be connected to the box via Ethernet.

By "backhaul", we mean the communication between the Deco.  Ethernet backhaul is preferred.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 153

Replies: 2

Related Articles