XE5300 (v1.0) - Satellite constantly rebooting after power loss

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20240119 Rel. 39178

I've had an "intermittant" issue with one of the Deco satellites since purchase but in the past it appeared to clear after some time.
However, it is recently re-appeared after a power loss (did some electrical work on the house) and after several solutions that worked in the past the satellite unit still reboots continually.  Currently at a loss on how to fix it this time.

Attempted fixes:

-- power off for over a minute and then allow it to reconnect.

-- remove from the "group", reset it and then re-add it 

I've done the above items several times over the past few days with no change in the device's behavior.

Also, I rebooted the entire mesh group (via the app) and also checked that I'm on the latest firmware for my hardware.

Any other suggestions to fix this issue?

I've no probems uploading log files.

Options
3 Reply
Re:XE5300 (v1.0) - Satellite constantly rebooting after power loss
2 weeks ago

Hi @ABhatti

Welcome to the community.

In your case, I'd first recommend reconfiguring the wiring/port setup. Try switching the Ethernet ports used on each Deco to re-establish the Port Configuration, giving the nodes and backhaul a "fresh start"."

Let us know if the symptom persists after doing so.

Options
2 weeks ago

@Ryan 

That must be an option not all Deco's have? I don't see it in the options for my XX75 pro 

Need help with the Deco app, setup, Ethernet backhaul, network switch or rolling back firmware? https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/699816?page=1
Options
2 weeks ago

@HelpFixDecoApp

No worries. I was referring to swapping each Deco node's physical Ethernet cables and ports.

If you're able to, find out which Ethernet port is used for each Deco connected using an Ethernet cable, unplug the Ethernet cable from that port, and move it to an adjacent port (if available) on the Deco node(s). 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 109

Replies: 3

Related Articles