TP Link EC230-G1 disconnects WIFI and reconnects again many times a day

a week ago
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 0.9 v6034.0 Build 201124 Rel.53748n

I have a TP Link EC230-G1 router, which was given to me by my internet provider. The router worked pretty well for years. However, I've been having problems for some time now with WIFI. My laptop disconnects many times a day for few seconds and then reconnect again. It can kick me off suddenly from the Teams meeting for instance.
The same story is with other devices (other laptop and smartphones). Unfortunately it is really unpredictable since there are some days when everything is ok and on the other day it disconnects me every few minutes.
Ping test showed that there are some packets lost from time to time and “request timed out” statuses too.
Unfortunately my provider doesn’t believe me because they claim that everything is ok on their side. There are no problems with devices connected by the LAN cable. Additionally I have the other router which acts as an access point (it is connected with a cable with TP Link) and there are no issues with WIFI distributed by this AP device, no disconnections etc. 
Summarizing the problem is only with WIFI distributed by TP Link.
I have an access to the admin panel of TP Link. I tried to read the log but I haven’t found anything, which could point me the problem. Is there any possibility to check what is happening and find a root cause of these annoying disconnections (even now when I’m writing it disconnects me few times).
Please help.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link EC230-G1 disconnects WIFI and reconnects again many times a day
a week ago

@tecto 

I would suspect you are getting WIFI interference. If to many routers and APs are using the same WIFI channel, you can get that issue.

LinusTechTips just posted on Youtube "Can you have to many WIFI routers?" which shows this issue.

Options