Satellite deco has no led, but intermittently connects and disconnects

Monday

One of my two satellite decos is not lighting up on its led. It feels warm, like it is working, and it shows it's connected sometimes, but it disconnects all the time. No devices are connecting to it. The other satellite deco connected just fine. Is there any info on how to connect or troubleshoot the satellite deco?  Thanks in advance. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Satellite deco has no led, but intermittently connects and disconnects
Yesterday

Hi @Thelonias25 

Welcome to the community!

Can you please provide the additional details listed below so that our community can better understand your situation and offer suggestions?

1. What is the model of the affected Deco unit?

2. Are all Deco nodes the same model?

3. What is the hardware version of your Deco Mesh System?

4. What is the firmware version of your Deco Mesh System?

5. Is this Deco connected to the Mesh Network via Ethernet or via Wi-Fi?

6. If Wi-Fi, how far is it from the nearest and/or main Deco?

7. Was the Deco unit in question working fine previously?

8. Were there any events, such as thunderstorms or power outages, in your area recently?

9. Have you tried resetting the affected unit to factory defaults, then re-adding it via the Deco app?

Options
Re:Satellite deco has no led, but intermittently connects and disconnects
Yesterday

@Ryan hi Ryan. My model is the X4300 pro, with the three nodes. Software version is 1.2.4. Main deco is hardwired next to the modem. The two satellite nodes are WiFi. The one I hooked up in my basement connected and lights up just fine. The node I put in my master bedroom is not lighting up. It feels warm, like it's working, but no led light is on at all. It shows I. The app that it is connected, but that one node regularly loses connection in the app, and no devices are connecting to it. 
It is a brand new system. No thunderstorms or anything happening to them at all. I have tried unplugging it, hitting the reset button, but nothing seems to get it to work. Could it be a bad node from the factory?  I just bought it at Best Buy three days ago. 

Options