How to change email address on kasa account

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to change email address on kasa account

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
43 Reply
Re:Re:Re:How to change email address on kasa account
2020-09-30 12:57:31

@Carl Any update on this issue?  Seems to be a pretty basic feature that should be made available to users.

Options
2020-09-30 16:09:51

@l33tpmp 

From current understanding it will be re-added to the app at the next update.  While that is the plan right now I can't guarantee it will happen.  We will followup with more information as soon as the App update notes are released

Options
2020-10-02 05:31:51

@Carl IS that adding the functionality to change email address into the kasa app, or re-installing it into the DECO App.

Back in the day, when I worked in SW Engineering (800 coders), 14 million lines of code, multiple platforms a) we made sure that functionality existed on all platforms, b) we knew down to the hour when new releases would become available (and we were working on stuff up to 3 years (and 5-6 versions) out from production. c) things were never accidentall removed.

Changing Identity is central to requirements nowaday - accounts get compromised, people change. Software should to. This is not far from the fact that you cannot have differing control of the same devices from multiple accounts. My wife's name is on the account that "owns" all of our lights, and suchlike. My account owns the HS110s that power home servers, 3D Printers and so on - things I don't want her turning off by accident.  But I would like control of the lights etc, without having to use two logins, and I don't want her even seeing the 3D Printer/server "Off" button.

Options
2020-10-02 17:57:54

@MisterQ 

In a perfect world yes but software and product development and the support are different divisions.  And while transparency between the teams is ideal its not always practical, especially with work in progress items.  As I am sure you are aware timetables, resources and even company focus can change through the course of a product or software development.  One example is that products like the smart assistance enabled light switch and the Kasa Doorbell that were shown at CES 2018.  Both of these projects were eventually scrubbed.  Great ideas that generated a lot of buzz but the company's focus changed.  Now imagine if support was given planned release dates and we released those to the public that would look bad especially if agents gave an guarantee.  Or, even something closer to home Software updates.  Also announced at CES 2018 was Apple's HomeKit.  Now the mistake was made that it was announced as Coming Soon, with reports that it would even be release that February.  This never happened and unfortunately products were bought on belief that it was coming.  We learned from this so we try to ensure we aren't making promises we can't keep and really shouldn't be making.  

What I can say is that we requested this feature to the team.  There has been discussion on implementing the update but no timetable has been given.  We in support usually learn of updates at the same time the customer does.  

Promises I can make.  When there are major updates that add features an Admin will make a post about it. Updates are added to our website usually on Fridays unless there is an Holiday or PTO.   

Options
2021-01-25 21:19:25

@Carl 

I went to change my email address for one of the many basic reasons that many others have listed in this thread. I had three additional Kasa Smart KP200 devices in my Amazon cart waiting for payday this week but wanted to make sure my email situation was squared away before I began adding additional devices late next week.

Then I read this ridiculous thread. Having no idea when (or if) this will ever be fixed, I have subsequently removed the new Kasa devices from my Amazon cart. This is too bad because your competitors are not making anything comparable, yet. I really prefer the in-wall versions rather than the plugs that stick out. I am going to wait to see if this issue is resolved while also watching for others (e.g. Vesync) to offer a similar product. What I will NOT do is run around my house re-setting, re-initializing, re-adding to a new account, re-naming the devices, re-grouping them, and re-adding schedules for all my light switches and plugs on three floors including the basement!

To make it even more frustrating, I see the option below which says "Email me when some[one] replies" which would be great, only I will never see it because it will be going to my old email.

This is not merely a nice convenience option for your customers, this is ESSENTIAL! 

Options
2021-01-25 23:10:15

@mikereldred 

I can't say i don't agree.  I have several Kasa devices myself.  While I have no intention on changing my email address I do understand why some customers do.  We have asked for the feature not just for Kasa but for Deco, the community, and our warranty system as well, which all can or do use the Same TP-Link ID system.  We will however make an offical annoucement about the feature once it is in place. 

Options
2021-05-03 16:00:25

@sissomi 

The feature has not yet been introduced.  We have sent the request up but have not yet received any feedback and if or when we can expect it.  The application is updated once a month so keep an eye on the app update release notes and if we do hear anything here we will let you know.

Options
2021-05-08 23:56:17

@Carl It's really important for me. I have 32 Kasa devices, with schedules and all sorts of things. I HAVE to change the email address! 

Options
2021-05-10 18:21:39

@Konolua 

I understand, regretablly its not possible right now.  I will again engage with the team on this though.

Options
2021-06-09 12:01:10

@Carl  there's been numerous updates to the app since this thread began. Any update on where we are on the priority list?

Options