Sunrise / Sunset Schedule Times - Do They Automaticall Adjust?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-08 23:32:08
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

A few days ago I set up a schedule to turn a light on at sunset every day of the week. The day I set up this schedule, sunset was at 7:07pm. Now, a few days later, sunset is at 7:02pm but the schedule is still turning the light on at 7:07pm. Does the schedule not automatically adjust for changing sunset times throughout the year?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Sunrise / Sunset Schedule Times - Do They Automaticall Adjust?
2018-11-15 17:21:08

Mountainbreeze wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

A few days ago I set up a schedule to turn a light on at sunset every day of the week. The day I set up this schedule, sunset was at 7:07pm. Now, a few days later, sunset is at 7:02pm but the schedule is still turning the light on at 7:07pm. Does the schedule not automatically adjust for changing sunset times throughout the year?

Yes, the sunset feature should automatically adjust. When I used it I know that when I would compare to what a website tells me and what the app did was not the same. 

Options
2018-12-25 16:54:05

I have a couple of TP-Link HS110 Energy plugs and have them set to go on at a set time.  I just read about the sunrise / sunset capability but do not see how to invoke that in the scheduling.  Can someone please fill me in on how to do that.  Thanks

Options
2019-11-17 00:10:42 - last edited 2019-12-15 06:45:30

@Tony Well, maybe the KL110 bulb adjusts the sunset/rise on/off times as the days pass, but what the Android Kasa app shows for the on/off time, does not change (at least over the past two days).  Here in the Seattle area at this time of year, the sunset/rise time changes by about a minute each day.  In March & September, the daily change is about two minutes for each.

Now this doesn't have to be exact;  perhaps the firmware uses a calculation that is (for simplicity) an average for the week (or a similar period).  However, an explanation would be helpful ...

EDIT: Well, my devices that accept sunrise/sunset now appear to follow the sunrise/sunset times, so perhaps this was just some sort of numerical rounding issue (or perhaps a calculation error was fixed by the firmware updates those devices recently received).

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1163

Replies: 3