HS105 plugs(3) used to work with Alexa, now all say "unresponsive"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS105 plugs(3) used to work with Alexa, now all say "unresponsive"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
158 Reply
Re:HS105 plugs(3) used to work with Alexa, now all say "unresponsive"
2022-03-06 18:40:01

@Carl 

Plug 1:

1  HS105

2  1.0

3  1.5.6

4  Intermittently with KASA app as with Alexa

5  Intermittently cannot access the device over my LTE netowrk

6  KASA App: Remote Control Disabled (No way to enable it)

KASA App: Local Only comes and goes

KASA App: Unable to update the device firmware  Keeps getting about 30% in and then fails

Intermittently Alexa says it is Unavailable

Plug 2:

1  HS105

2  1.0

3  1.5.6

4  Intermittently with KASA app as with Alexa

5  Intermittently cannot access the device over my LTE netowrk

KASA App: Remote Control Disabled (No way to enable it)

KASA App: Unable to update the device firmware  Keeps getting about 30% in and then fails

Intermittently Alexa says it is Unavailable

Options
2022-03-07 21:51:56

@Knowtrump 

When you remove from the app do you also reset the plug to factory defaults?  

Options
2022-07-03 02:11:02

@Carl I am also having issues with my devices not responding on Amazon alexa. 

I have HS200, hardware 5.0, firmware 1.0.2, I can control device on kasa app but nor remotely.

I also have HS210, hardware 3.0, firmware 1.0.2, I cam control on Kasa app but not remotely.

And the message alexa displays is "device not responding"

Hopefully there will be a firmware update to resolve the issue.

Options
2022-07-05 17:32:32

@Diegodaniel 

If you are not able to control the devices from the Kasa App remotely then that is the source of your concern.  Alexa control requires cloud-to-cloud interaction.  This means that remote control would need to be working.  Two things to try to resolve.  1.  delete the app and reinstall it.  Then sign back into your account and test remote control of the devices. 2.  Click on each individual device then tap on settings.  See if there is an option to turn on remote control.  If there is then trigger it and then test again.  

Options
2022-11-16 17:39:12

Having Same problem with HS103 plug

Firmware1.0.3

Alexa says unresponsive, but the KASA app works just fine.

Options
2022-11-17 19:02:00

@Jdmeese 

I have a dozen TP-Link/Kasa devices; ALL are showing the message "Server is unresponsive" in the Alexa app. The browser-based Alexa page for Amazon is being reduced in functionality and will be removed, so the trick of logging into the desktop web browser to re-enable the skill doesn't work at all--there is no way to do it. However, doing the same thing on the phone app also does not work.

I have switches, cameras and plugs.  I'm not going to list all of them with all the details TP-Link asked for because that would take all day.  It's clearly TP-Link's problem, as *all* other Alexa-linked devices in the house work perfectly. The TP-Link app works perfectly.

This is a HUGE pita for me; I should not be forced to pull out my phone to turn on my furnace room light when until yesterday, everything worked exactly the way it's supposed to.  Yesterday evening (16 November 2022), some devices stopped responding to Alexa.  Today, ALL of them have stopped, ALL with the message "Server is unresponsive."

My entire network is managed with Omada and TP-Link switches and access points.  I have over a dozen of each (it's an old house with rotten wifi xmission characteristics).  All are working well.  TP-Link smart devices are all on the 2.5ghz wifi network, every one of them responsive to pings, and every single device works correctly with the TP-Link app.

But not with Alexa.

Fix it, TP-Link.  Fix it now.

Options
2022-11-18 00:28:01

@JJ1 Had same issue, i went into the app and updated firmware, now alexa works again

Options
2022-11-19 20:03:01

@Carl 

Model: HS220

hardware version: 3.0

firmware version: 1.0.3

Yes, can control locally

No, cannot control remotely 

server unresponsive 

Options
2022-11-20 18:01:50 - last edited 2022-11-20 18:46:55

@JJ1   What's old is new.  The idiots must've touched something again. Mine is the EP10 Plug. Didn't work with Alexa and Google Home all of a sudden,  I removed the device from the app and both Smart platforms. Hard reset the plug and then started from scratch and now it's working again

Options
2022-11-20 18:55:47

My Kasa HS103 plugs stopped working through Alexa app a few days ago. Alexa says "Device is unresponsive". They work fine through the Kasa app. I've tried the following:

Remove and relink the devices to Alexa app

Update Alexa app

Update TP Link Kasa app

Verified device firmware is up to date

Disable and re-enable Kasa skill in Alexa app

Unplug and plug back in the devices 

I also have a Kasa light switch that still works fine through the Alexa app.

Options
Related Articles