Hs200 installed out of 3 lights 2 work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-12 17:06:24

I've installed the switch, and I have 3 outside lights, the 2 yards come on but the porch light will not. If I put the old timer switch back it the porch works. I know I have it installed right, I have 2 black wires for live and load, and 1 neutral, and ground, this is coming from the wall. I followed the instructions and the connected it right, so why is only 2 lights working? Any suggestions?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Hs200 installed out of 3 lights 2 work
2019-01-14 23:31:52

@Emissary 

A few questions,  

1.  Are there any other switches that control these lights, or at least the one that does not work?

2.  Were there any wires that were connected to the original switch that are not being used now?

3.  Have you tired the HS200 on another switch to ensure it is working elsewhere?

Thank you 

Carl | TP-Link Support 

Options
Re:Hs200 installed out of 3 lights 2 work
2019-03-13 12:56:04 - last edited 2019-03-13 12:56:57

TP-Link light switches do Not like Pressure. If the wires bundles in the outlet box put any sort of pressure on the plastic case of the TP-Link switch, then it will cease to work until you releave that pressure. I learned this through trial and error with 3 different TP-Link 3-way swithes. Once they were loose, outside of the box they worked, but once I screwed them in, they stopped working. To get them to work permanently while being properly screwed in I had to really cram the wire bundles into the box, and now they have been working flawlessly for months.

I hope that this helps your, or everyone elses, installations!

Stach

Options
Re:Re:Hs200 installed out of 3 lights 2 work
2019-03-13 16:07:18

@Stach 

Thank you for your feedback.  This is the first we have heard of this but will have our product engineers look into it.  One thought does come to mind though.  If when there is pressure of the cables its possible its not actually the wire but the connection point with the house wire.  What I mean by this is that its possible the two wires seperate a bit in the wirenut thus breaking the connection.  I'd recommend making sure the wires are fully in the wirenut and its securely fastened or crimped.  

Thanks 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 886

Replies: 3