M5 Deco Access Point Mode blocking XBOX ONE game invites, party invites, etc?
The issue: When the Deco wireless network is on, the XBOX ONE works perfectly except for one really important item. We don't receive game invites, party invites, or any other notifications. Messages still come through but have to be manually checked vs a pop-up notification. We spent a good 4 hours on the phone with Microsoft troubleshooting and only discovered the Deco connection accidently - by unplugging the M5s as a last resort.
- 3 M5 Deco mesh in Access Point mode.
- Arriss modem courtesy of my cable company.
- XBOX ONE is hardwired into the modem and set to a manual IP configuration outside the DHCP scope.
- Wireing enabled through a pair of Extollo Ethernet Powerline LANSocket 1500
- The XBOX ONE has wireless turned off.
- Prior to adding the M5 units, everything worked.
Since I discovered this, as a fail safe, I have forwarded the appropriate TCP and UDP ports to the XBOX IP addresses. Still no luck even after resetting the entire network.
It doesnt make any sense to me since the XBOX is on the wired network directly into the modem. Im not sure what the M5 could be doing to suppress whatever service is related to the party and game invites.
Thanks for any suggestions