3 way Dimmer switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

3 way Dimmer switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
689 Reply
Re:3 way Dimmer switch?
2021-09-13 14:36:41

@titanvex Awesome please post back your result. Maybe these things need a firmware update or something....

Options
2021-09-13 15:43:29

Astone595 wrote

@titanvex Awesome please post back your result. Maybe these things need a firmware update or something....

@Astone595 Hopefully it is just a firmware update that's required. If it's due to a hardware design flaw, then we could end up waiting a long time for revised product to make it to store shelves.

Has anybody installed the switch and had it work correctly?

Options
2021-09-13 16:12:24

I don't receive mine for another few days, but will test as well. For those that do have them in hand, what hardware version is listed on the unit? I ask because the support site lists 2 hardare versions, V1 and V1.80:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/ks230-kit/v1/

So it would be interesting to know what version is the initial shipped hardware release And are you using with LED lights or incandescent?

Also are there any "Smart Dimmer Configuration" options? If so can you use that option for a long press using a preset or instant on/off? That might be a workaround worth exploring.

Options
2021-09-13 16:39:03

Hello Everyone

I am happy to see that some of you have recieved their products, but concerned that a few have reported issues.  We are defiantly listening.  What i would like is for anyone who has had issues with their product post installation to contact our local support team directly, even if you are not in the US we will still collect the information and get it to our engineering team for review.

What we need you to send in your email is the following

Name:

Email address or best contact number:

Where you are located:

What concern you are having:

What troubleshooting you preformed:

This can be sent to ussupportteam@tp-link.com 

This will not only help us collect this infromation in one place but also help us develop a solution as quickly as possible.

Thank you

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options
2021-09-14 02:55:16

@BaumSquad 

I installed mine today - bought 2 but only installed 1 initially to see if it works. It is hardware version 1.0. I have the exact same issues that others are saying. Lights turn on, then immediately turn off. Doesn't matter if I turn the lights on with the switch or with the app. I will be reaching out to support, as per Carl's suggestion.

Options
2021-09-14 02:58:29
Bummer. I will wait with intalling mine until they will fix it, hopefuly with firmware update.
Options
2021-09-14 03:32:54

@Carl How does this happen? After all the time it took the development team to get this to market you would have thought this would have been highly tested. It certainly does not appear to be working correctly in real world conditions. Or maybe the setup instructions are flawed. Maybe you could have R& D pull some from manufacturing and do some testing and see if they find the same issue.

It would be surprising if this were just a firmware glitch that was not caught prior to release to sales.

Did any field fest sites have this problem? I assume this went through an extensive Beta test series before release. 

Options
2021-09-14 16:42:22

@SteveSJ 

To be honest I don't know.  I know we did local and beta testing, but I also know there was a mistake made that allowed the product to ship earlier than they were supposed to.  I doubt that had anything to do with it.  I know there are some specialized functions with the Dimmer switches itself, I am trying to get that infromation right now to share but I do not have it or details yet.  It is possible these concerns are related but I just can't say for certain.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options
2021-09-14 17:21:21

@Carl 

Is there a way to identify who these buyers are and blacklist them?  This is pure scalping.  We should order one from them and then return it opened.

Options
2021-09-14 17:31:29 - last edited 2021-09-14 17:32:23

This link doesn't seem legit. The product doesn't even show up in the Kasa store. I wouldn't trust buying from here.

Options
Related Articles