3 way Dimmer switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

3 way Dimmer switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
689 Reply
Re:3 way Dimmer switch?
2021-09-14 17:37:38

@jaywar 

You don't see it because the product is sold out.  Store would not reveal SKUs that are not available.

Options
2021-09-14 18:13:12

@BaumSquad 

I just installed mine and am experiencing the same issues as everyone else; light turn on then immediately dims and turns off.

Per @Carl , I have submitted a request for support via email.

My hardware version is V1.0 and my firmware version is V1.0.8.

I am using the same LED lights that I've used in the rest of the house, most of which are connected to Kasa switches.

Options
2021-09-15 00:53:59

@KS230 

I really wish there was but unfortunetly there isn't.  Amazon maintains a storefront like eBay so as long as the seller is not violating any of Amazon's seller rules there generally isn't much we can do.  I will let our Ecom team know about these two to see if there is any violations we can report but I just am not sure.  

I will say this that for any TP-Link product if you are unsure please contact us to confirm if the seller is authorized.  Most of these resellers are not, the products are considered  2nd hand and may very well not have warranty coverage.  This is because if they are unauthorized they would actually be the original purchaser and therefore the only ones who can submit warranty requests as the warranty only applies to the original purchaser.  

These two sellers are deffianlty not on the authorized list. 

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options
2021-09-15 04:15:25

I am supposed to receive mine on Monday but I guess I'll wait to install or just return them.  I have 10 light switches and 4 plugs so far but if these don't work out it might be time to change to another platform.  This is very unfortunate. I bought them from Amazon at $50 per kit (I bought two).  The storefront link was to the Kasa store and it was sold and shipped by Amazon Services LLC (which is a part of Amazon but I'm now wondering the legitimacy of this whole purchase).

Options
2021-09-15 11:39:46

@Carl 

Just an FYI, I have not received an acknowledgement of my product support request re: this issue.  Am I suppose to receive an automated response?  What is the typical response time?  Please advise

Options
2021-09-15 16:13:48

jswfl09 wrote

....  I have 10 light switches and 4 plugs so far but if these don't work out it might be time to change to another platform.  ...

@jswfl09 Unfortunately, you're not the only one thinking along these lines. I have several TP-Link plugs and 5 TP-Link switches, but if this issue isn't resolved quickly, I'll have significant concern about TP-Link's commitment to the "Smart Home" and reevaluate my decision to make TP-Link products the basis of my smart(ish) home.

The fact that TP-Link was well behind the competition w.r.t. to having a 3-way dimmer switch was something of a red flag to begin with, but this apparent fiasco of a product debut just increases the red flag count by several fold.

@Carl Please get us some answers.

Options
2021-09-15 16:48:41

@Hildebr287 

Because we will and have received multiple repsonses I will not be responding directly to those emails.  Instead I am collecting the infromation provided and giving it directly to the software and engineering team.  They may reach out to the users directly or they may reach back out to me or both.  If and when I get a response I will be posting that information here on this thread so that everyone can see the response. 

Please everyone know this product does not actually launch unitl 9/27/21.  Those of you have recieved it early are due to a mistake made the reatiler.  This does not likely have anything to do with concerns that some who have the product are having but I did want to mention it so that those of you who are searching for it can understand why its not currently available again.   

Again as soon as I have word I will update this thread. 

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options
2021-09-15 17:24:52 - last edited 2021-09-15 17:26:18

@Carl, in that case ("actually launch until 9/27/21"), should we return the product to Amazon while we still can? Or should we wait for a firmware update?

Options
2021-09-15 17:43:48

@KazaUser 

My return window goes until mid-October. I imagine we should wait until we hear back from support before doing anything since there is lots of time left to return.

It also has a 2-year warranty so I also would think all purchases fall under that category and we probably wouldn't have to do an Amazon return at all given the circumstances.

Options
2021-09-15 17:54:47

KazaUser wrote

@Carl, in that case ("actually launch until 9/27/21"), should we return the product to Amazon while we still can? Or should we wait for a firmware update?

@KazaUser You're assuming it's a firmware and not a hardware problem. That has not yet been established.

Options
Related Articles