3 way Dimmer switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

3 way Dimmer switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
689 Reply
Re:3 way Dimmer switch?
2021-10-05 18:32:08

@KS230 

Below is what I know of the KS230's light status:

A WiFi light staying on and green for more than 30 seconds isn't listed.  Usually though on other products I have seen that happen with the reset or reboot buttons are being depressed on the main unit.  This can happen sometimes when snapping the faceplate on. I would check that first.  make sure the 2 small buttons under the switch aren't being pressed.  

If that is not the case I would make sure the wires are all secured to the screws and the wire clusters are secure in a wirenut.  If either of those do not address the issue let me know.

Options
2021-10-05 18:35:30

@Connu 

I see.  I was not made aware of such investigations.  As for her absence its likely due to the national holiday in China this week.  10/1 through 10/7.  I have raised these concerns to the team and I will reach out individually to Solla to see where her team's investigations are at right now.  The good news is that China is technically a day ahead of us so we should start seeing responses as early as tomorrow.  As soon as I have something to share I will provide that here on this thread. 

Options
2021-10-05 18:46:45

@Carl Thank you for you hard work on this Carl. Cant be easy.

Options
2021-10-05 19:25:47

@Carl both the main and satellite switches are working fine, but the satellite switch doesn't have the dimmer light indicator and the ring when the lights are off. Is that an issue?

Options
2021-10-05 20:37:40

Hi Everyone.  

I wanted to let you all know that the installation and setup video for the KS230 is now live.  Its on our YT channel but also can be viewed here:

Options
2021-10-05 20:41:36

@Aksdenn 

Hi, no not an issue.  The Satellite unit does not have the brightness indicator lights like the main unit does.  It does have the Off/On indicator though.  That should illuminate when the lights are off and go off when they are on.  IT should be tied to the main unit and the status should be the same on both.  If that is not the case please let me know and I'll add it to the list of additional questions and concerns that seem to still need to be addressed. 

Options
2021-10-05 20:44:09

@Astone595 

I just wish I could do more.  I hate to see a much requested product have this rough of a start.  On the brighter side of things we can only get better and improve from here. I just hope everyone can continue to be helpful when needed and patient while we wait for the solution.  I know this has prioirty so i am hopeful a final solution for everything should be rather quick.   

Options
2021-10-05 20:46:29

Carl wrote

@Hildebr287 

I said i was not aware.  As I stated earlier for users already being helped by other Admins I would allow those admins to continue helping those specific users.  I have really only been able to focus on the replies tagging me specifically.  So if other issues were mentioned to other admins or in a reply I was not specifically tagged in I may have missed it. No other issues in the discussions I had with my QA team or engineers mentioned anything other than the dimming to off issue that was reported first back on i believe page 25 of this thread. Being that we are now on page 40 obviously there is a lot to comb through.  I am trying to be as through and transparent as possible.  If you did mention something other than the dimming issue please let me know the reply number or page number so I can review and get the details together to engage with engineering. 

@Carl 

To clarify, I'm referring to the issues list posted by @Connu in post #359... you commented on it in post #360.  This list was then subsequently updated a few times since then.

Options
2021-10-05 20:57:10

@Carl can you add it please? Mine is not linked. It doesn't illuminate when it's off on the satellite, only on the main switch. Than

Options
2021-10-06 04:48:01 - last edited 2021-10-06 05:16:49

@echo954 

Long time owner of the HS220s (dims) and HS210s (3way).  I finished out my last house basement and more with these and LOVED them.

Now in a new home, I want all new Kasa switches but this house, the original owners went 3-way crazy with almost every room designed with 3-ways. I have >15 separate 3-way circuits in this house, and >20 when you add in the septate 4-ways.  

1) Where are you guys getting these or how to get on the early order / tester list?  i cant find them anywhere as of yet.

2) With the newer dimmable KS230 model, can the same configuration be used to split these up and use 1 kasa switch and 1 normal/dumb switch (keeping only 1 dimmer on the group)?  Thinking should be fine, worked well and was supported with the HS210s but ive not yet seen a wiring diagram and model details; unsure.

3) Any concerns using HS230s or the HS210s in a simple 4-way combination where it goes from LINE --> 3 way (KS230) --> 4way --> 3way --> light)

Cheers,

- Tretts

Options
Related Articles