3 way Dimmer switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

3 way Dimmer switch?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
689 Reply
Re:3 way Dimmer switch?
2021-11-21 09:14:20

@Connu My mom would disagree with you, she thinks all of this is magic.  😊

Options
2021-11-21 13:43:48 - last edited 2021-11-22 00:11:39

@Paul92029,

I can't deny that.  Mine too!  As a guy that runs a tech company that creates and maintains mobile apps, the magic is sometimes lost on me.  And as a beta tester for TP-Link and others, I get pretty critical and expect that things not only work, but exceed my expectations.

Options
2021-11-21 21:39:15

@Carl 

Is there a new firmware upcoming?  I thought the major problems were fixed so went ahead and bought a unit.  After the initial install the primary switch worked fine, but the satelite switch did nothing.  

I followed the prompt for the firmware update, now neither switch work.  On the Primary switch the round circle light keeps turning on and off, and the lights are uncontrollable....

Options
2021-11-21 23:20:06

Seems like the latest firmware fixed the wifi and Alexa instability... granted, nightlight and other hardware issues exist, but for my needs I can live with it for now. Sure it would've been nice if this was a flawless release, but to keep the same family of gear in the house, I can wait for hardware v2 if we'll be able to get it via RMA. 

All credit for keeping me in the game here goes to @Carl - I've honestly never gotten this level of insight from a consumer electronics company. Sure, we all wish everything would just work correctly but we're getting timely updates, our voices are being heard, and expectations are being set. I could only wish the company I ordered a couch from in June were this transparent about its whereabouts as I continue to wait. 

Options
2021-11-21 23:50:22

@ChrisNorthNJ here's hoping they refund me for making hold out for a firmware fix when it was a hardware issue. I'll keep you guys posted. 3 switches worth 150 bucks is a drop in the bucket for a company as large as tplink and I hope they do right by me.

Options
2021-11-22 02:35:30

@Carl 

I have this issue. Have installed 3 kits so far. The first is working fine except the satalite night lite issue.  The other 2 kits, are having the issue where the satalite switch stopped working, and the main switch went amber.  It does turn the light on and off, but I am unable to connect it to my WiFi.  It was connected for 24 hours and then this happened. When I tried to reset it, the light is now blinking orange and green, but there doesn't appear to be any WiFi signal at least nothing my iPhone can find to do a fresh setup.  What can I do about the 2 failed kits?  

Options
2021-11-22 18:08:16

@Connu 

Just know that we really do apperciate the critical feedback.  It only helps us grow and improve.

Options
2021-11-22 18:12:07

@Peso-washers 

Blinking Orange and Green is indicating that the switches did not hold the configuration.  Under the main switches toggle is a reset button.  Hold for 30 seconds and then try to reconfigure the switches.  If they do fully reconfigure.  Open the side panel of the Kasa app.  Tap on settings and then Frimware update and let me know if you are able to update the firmware to the last one listed, which addressed (somewhat) the service breaking concerns that have been discussed here.  If they do not reset please let me know.

Options
2021-11-22 18:13:44

@Aerich 

Not that I have been made aware of yet, but I would assume since there are two issues they are still researching.  We will have a Betafirmware i'll be posting that will help address the satillite unit LED while the lights are off. I'll post it as soon as its given to me.

Options
You've got to be kidding me!
2021-11-22 18:59:52

@Connu This is pretty much par for course with most Chinese companies selling on Amazon. They have a crap product and roll it under the reviews of another previous good product(or one that they paid for a lot of good reveiws?) I used to trust Amazon reviews but that pretty much is gone now. Now I'll read the 1-star and 2-star reveiws to see what the actual issues are. Some you have to be able to weed out because some folks are idiots and don't know what they are doing. 

But not shocked that Kasa has gone this same decietful route. They are living off their laurels now. Hence the apparent new issues.

Options
Related Articles