Chromecast Ultra And Ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-05-31 05:43:06 - last edited 2019-05-31 12:26:44
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

I just switched today from my Linksys ea9500 to the ac5400. I can connect the Chromecast to the wifi without issue but keep getting no connections error on ethernet. I have factory reset the chromecast MULTIPLE times, the only conclusion I can come up is with the router. Any thoughts? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Chromecast Ultra And Ethernet
2019-05-31 21:35:37

@gadget069 

Two questions,

1.  Is the wifi module still active on the chromecast?

2.  Does the device receive and IP from the router?  You will need to check the DHCP list for this one.

Options
Re:Re:Chromecast Ultra And Ethernet
2019-06-01 00:29:36

The wifi disables itself when an ethernet connection is present.

Yes the device does receive an ip address then errors out while on ethernet. wifi is fine

I did some serachign last night for a few hours and found that some peopel had issues NAT Boost enabled. I truned that off and all seems like it working. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Chromecast Ultra And Ethernet
2019-06-01 00:47:12

Oh good.  well we certainly don't want customers to have to turn of a feature to be able to use a product.  I will reach out to our system engineers and let them know so we can look into this for you.  

Best Regards 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 916

Replies: 3

Related Articles