Turn off led indicator on smart switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Turn off led indicator on smart switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
102 Reply
Re:Turn off led indicator on smart switch
2021-05-21 22:19:51

@nhusby hmmm, I don't think so but mine are not disabled, when I click they light up, if I remember correctly, that is the regular behavior even before turning off the white ring. Or maybe I misunderstood your question.

Options
2021-05-26 09:32:17

@SandroC  this is crazy that I need a second app to control what should be a feature. How has Kasa not bought out the watt app and integrated or added features to their own app. Using watt was super easy but I will still be calling them directly to ask 

Options
Re:Turn off led indicator on smart switch-Solution
2021-06-27 21:01:44 - last edited 2021-12-07 06:57:40

This is now available in the latest firmware! At least for the HS220 dimmer. There is a toggle for "LED Status". Disabling this turns off the white circle, and unfortunately also the status lights of the dimmer level. But still. Great feature add! Hopefully coming to other models as I didn't see it on HS200 and HS210 that were on 1.1.5 firmware.

Firmware 1.5.11

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-06-28 14:54:15

@BaumSquad 
Good catch!  I hadn't noticed that!

PS: To others seeing this, I see it as well in the Android app.
(Don't know about the iOS app)

But like you say, will they do it for the other models?

Options
2021-07-25 02:12:32

@ScottK123 they still have not done this for the HS200 in Android.

Options
2021-08-05 02:33:23

Yes, TP-LINK, add the option to disable the led to the HS200, please!!

Options
2021-08-07 06:19:30

@Tony any updates on this? I would love that get rid of this feature. 

Options
2021-08-22 16:05:34
I second this. Light sleeper here and need a blacked out room
Options
2021-11-13 02:49:55

Weird that this was implemented for only on switch.  Bump bump... please put this feature into all switches.

Thanks.

Options
2021-11-23 15:10:47

@Scott74d I just installed my first Kasa smart switch (a 3-way for my front porch and driveway lights). The switch is located in my foyer, behind a kind of half-wall that obstructs it from view from the living area so, in this case, the light really doesn't bother me. However, I plan on adding more switches throughout my home and can see how annoying that indicator would be. It is a rare case that someone needs or wants a light to tell them whether a switch is on or off. We've been successfully using light switches for hundreds of years without the need of a light on the switch to tell us its status. Generally, if I need to know if switch is on or off, I just look at the light that it is controlling. Here's how that works:

Is it dark?

Yes, it is dark - operate the switch

Did the light come on?

Yes - good to go!

No - either the power is out (probably obvious), or the bulb is bad ... replace it.

No, it is not dark - don't operate the switch (unless you want the light on anyway) ... see "Yes" above.

Options
Related Articles