3 Way Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

3 Way Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
3 Way Switch
3 Way Switch
2019-08-09 22:20:29
Model: HS210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

This is my second set of switches as I returned the first set by suggestion of Customer Service Rep on KASA. My problem is. 

I can turn the light on with switch A and turn it of with switch A. When I turn it off with switch A, I can not turn it on with switch B.If I turn it on with switch A and turn it off with switch B then I can turn it on with switch B. But when I turn it on off with switch B, I can not turn it on with switch A. The switch that turns it off is the only one that will turn it on. I have it correctly wired with the black wires as the travelers, the red connected to the side , white connected to white and ground connected.

Options
1 Reply
Re: 3 Way Switch
2019-08-12 18:11:07

@edcclrt 

Are you using both HS210s or are you only using one and kept a mechanical switch in place?  If you are using a single HS210 with a mechanical switch the issue is that your mechanical switch is on the power side not the load.  In this instance every time you 'flip' that switch you break the circuit. You would need to switch the two switches in order to correct this issue.  When dealing with 1 smart and 1 mechanical switch setups the HS210 must be on the power side and not the load. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 929

Replies: 1

Related Articles