Viewing TPLINK camer view on computer.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Viewing TPLINK camer view on computer.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
69 Reply
Re:Viewing TPLINK camer view on computer.
2020-09-19 17:25:40 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@FrankJJ Seems we're looking at a case of intent vs. impact. TP-Link, I hear you. However, please consider doing a thoughtful usability study. 

The current impact of excluding desktop and laptop compatibability—for some (and I suspect many) of your customers is a matter of equity and inclusion

When a company prioritises diversity, equity, and inclusion in its culture, an awarenes of disparities develops. In this case, that awareness might help you identify legitmate gaps in your products and services, perhaps even compelling you to "do the right thing."

Put another way, there seems to be an exciting opportunity here to fully consider customer feedback on this issue, and then make the product more accessible. Such a move would further enhance your brand and reputation as a leader in this space.

Thank you for considering this feedback.

Options
2020-10-03 13:59:23 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@FrankJJ Considering the complete lack of information about the subscription service on the box and in light of the fact that the trial "subscription" has run out leaving me unprotected, I am giving fair warning that if my premises are burgled and I don't have footage to provide to law enforcement I will launch aggressive litigation against TP-Link to recover all losses. That's where we're at. I can't afford the subscription, the plans are ridiculous, expensive, arbitrarily limited to 30 days only, and as previously stated not part of the deal when I bought these cameras.

Options
2020-12-12 06:37:03 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

The real reason:  Users of PC/Mac would leave it on in the background for hours.  They only design for mobile devices so that they keep bandwidth low, which is also why they say "Continue Watching?" every 10 min.  TP is cheap on cloud data costs and actively prevents customers from using it like a camera they can access anytime anywhere on any platform for as long as they want (you know, like almost all other camera manufacturers do, cause it is kinda the point of IoT cameras!).  Designed for mobility my a$$, these guys never heard of a laptop or something.

Go for a Yi camera instead.  They have PC/Mac software, no time-limit nag, and on Android you can even put video in a mini always-on-top floating window.

Options
2020-12-17 21:13:03 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@FrankJJ I'm in 100% agreement with you. It's crazy that they couldn't put a simple http interface into the camera. Obviously all the logic is there for their app to use, but just needs the browser interface on top of it. 

Not only does it make sense to do just from a friendliness/usability standpoint, but it also makes sense that people may want to MONITOR their security cameras and not have to hold a phone and stare at a tiny screen to do it!  Whether in real-time or reviewing the 24x7 recordings, I want to view it on my 24" PC monitor, not my 6" phone.

It also looks like the app isn't very stable. If I jump around in the past recorded video much, it stops playing video and I have to back out to the live view then go back in and find the time on the timeline again. 

It looks like I'll be returning my camera to BB. Sad, because it has a lot of potential. 

-Another Frank! (there aren't many of us left) 

Options
2021-01-04 15:09:35 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@Carl 

Hi, i have the C200 and am still not able to view on PC.. ive been having this issue for over a month with an active customer support ticket and recived no help.

Options
2021-01-06 01:19:14 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@alderdice.shane 

The Tapo C200?  if so then this is how to view the live stream on your PC.  

Options
Re:Viewing TPLINK camera view on computer.
2021-01-17 10:10:15 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

another kasa user ie plugs switches etc who would like to add cameras BUT will not until a web interface is supported.  I spend most of my time in front of a computer.  I have 15 year old panasonic wireless cameras that work well by way of viewnetcam.com.  Kasa should seriously consider this.

Options
2021-02-02 17:25:53 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@Carl 

thankyou for the link, but i have already tried all those steps and it still doesnt show up. i even tried making the user and pass super simple but it again, does not connect.

I have also been directed to the tp-link cloud.com admin page but it doesnt show my camera. 

Options
2021-02-02 22:07:51 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@alderdice.shane 

TPlinkcloud.com is not for either the Kasa or the Tapo line of cameras.  We don't sell the Tapo line in the US so the next step would be to choose your region's techincal support and have them walk you though the process over the phone.  

Options
2021-02-02 22:29:47 - last edited 2021-09-30 03:10:25

@Carl 

I also did that before I first posted about a month ago, they gave me a ticket number and said they would contact me when they found a solution. I tried calling to check but I keep getting put on hold and then disconnected after 20-25 min.

Options