HS220 Sunrise Sunset Offset not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-11-29 05:33:17
Model: HS220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.10

I have 2 HS220 dimmer switches, several HS200 switches, and a handful of smart outlets. I was so excited when I saw in the release notes for the app a few weeks ago that sunrise/sunset offsets were coming in the new app update l. Then I learned that I had to wait for a firmware update for that to work. So I waited.

I updated the firmware on my 2 HS 220s today. The offsets were added but they don’t seem to work. If I add a new scheduled event the option to add offsets isn’t there. If I modify an existing schedule the option to add offsets is there. I can put in a offset before or after sunrise or sunset. I hit save and it doesn’t appear to save the offsets. When you go back to edit the schedule again the offset doesn’t show up

is anyone having trouble with this?

Options
12 Reply
Re:HS220 Sunrise Sunset Offset not working
2019-12-02 19:36:25

@douglaster 

Please send a screen shot of both the schedule screen where you can set the offset and the current Frimware version of your plug.  While we made it easier to choose sunrise and sunset as options i do not yet see an offset feature. 

Options
2019-12-03 01:55:29

This is on a HS220 Smart Dimmer switch. 

@Carl 

Options
2019-12-05 19:15:55

@douglaster 

After the orginal message we were infromed that Light bulbs and the dimmer switch all recieved this update.  Although they did not expalin the fade rate.  We will reach out to the Design team to give this input and figure out the reason why it may not be working.

Options
2019-12-15 23:03:34

Carl wrote

@douglaster 

After the orginal message we were infromed that Light bulbs and the dimmer switch all recieved this update.  Although they did not expalin the fade rate.  We will reach out to the Design team to give this input and figure out the reason why it may not be working.

Any update on this issue? I have the same issue as described in the original post. @Carl 

Options
2019-12-16 02:18:55

There was a firmware update for my smart plugs (model HS105) a week or so ago. The sunrise and sunset offset on those works fine. No change to how my dimmer switches work.  

Options
2019-12-23 18:12:31

@Carl  I also have a HS220 Version 1.0 with Firmware 1.5.10 and I do not see the offset option in the app.  Is there a reason some people get it and others don't?  

Options
2019-12-23 23:43:58

With the latest version of the app they opted to remove the option of adding the offset instead of fixing it. I don’t have the option of adding sunrise/sunset offsets on my HS220 switches anymore. 

@AaronD @Carl

Options
2019-12-30 23:43:33

@douglaster 

I cannot confrim if this is true or not yet.  The last update (from last week) indicated that this feature was depended on firmware.  So I would first check to see if your device has a new firmware available.  Also Please make sure your app is up to date as that could also be causing the descrepency.  

Options
2020-01-01 00:53:46

@Carl 

Yes, I have checked multiple times for new firmware and a new app version. I check pretty much every day. 

Something else is broken now. I can’t schedule the dimmer to come on at a preset level. I can schedule it to “Turn On” or “Turn Off”. If I try to schedule it to “Use a Preset” I get a error, “invalid argument”. Every single time. I have 2 dimmers; they do the same thing. 

Tonight I removed the dimmer in the app which is supposed to reset it to factory defaults. I re-added. No change. 

As I said in my original post, all I really want to know is if I’m the only one having this problem. I’m disappointed that the only response I’ve got is that I should check to see if I have the latest version of firmware and software. Don’t you have a way to test it and tell me that yours works, or doesn’t? If everyone’s is broken then I’d hope that you’re working on a fix and I’ll just wait. If mine is the only one that doesn’t work then I’ll figure out what I’m doing wrong. 

In short, does anyone else have this problem or not?

Options
2020-01-02 16:39:05

@douglaster 

The reason I asked to make sure the app and firmware were updated is to ensure that is not the issue that is affecting your particular device.  There is a specific issue that we learned about last week involving the HS220 sechduling feature.  It is posisble that your product is being afected by this found bug if you are using an iOS device.  If that is the case a fix is planned in the January update which will be pushed later this month. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2486

Replies: 12