Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
193 Reply
Re:Smart actions more than 3 active
2022-06-23 01:18:48

@Carl 

Has there been a fix for this? It 2022 👍🏻

Options
2022-06-23 22:37:13

@M2009 

All I can say right now is that its being worked on.  I don't know when an update will be released but I have been told its on the Roadmap.  That is unfortunately all I know. 

Options
2022-06-27 06:59:17 - last edited 2022-06-27 07:01:30

@Carl 

Sir, I need your help.  I see no value in shooting the messenger.  I also see Kasa has been leading users on this limit for something like three years.  Clearly, I need to pull the ripcord while my Amazon 30 day window is still open.  However, now that I've installed these and have discarded the boxes what can you do to assist my returning these?

Thank you!

-dan

Options
2022-06-27 16:27:12

@dafish 

Hello Dan, 

There isn't anything TP-Link can really do.  In most situations, we do not sell directly to customers.  For this reason, in most cases, we cannot provide returns, exchanges, or refunds. I would reach out to your retailer and what the specifics of their return policy may be.  They may not need the original packaging.  

In regards to the smart action offering, from the customer's standpoint, it looks easy to add more actions.  And I was in that group too at first.  I from the start couldn't fathom why they would limit the service.  I was as I have stated previously told it was originally limited as a testing period and would be limited till all devices were added to the service.  Smart actions were not an original feature but were added later.  Now that all devices have been added and have been for some time it really is about logistics. The development team is working on the upgrade and I know it is now defiantly on the roadmap but I simply can't say how long it will take to increase the limit or even how much it will be increased. 

Hope this helps but I do apologize we can't help with a return.

Options
2022-06-27 21:58:00
1) My experience with TP-link phone support has befitted the initials "T P", so please accept my thanks you for your support to this forum. 2) Can support return: Interesting - I'd assumed the TP-Link Store on Amazon was TP-Link. Are you telling me it's not? 3) I'm of the opinion TP-Link has knowingly and willfully misrepresented it's capabilities and intent to its customers. a. I think it's time you share with this thread contact information for senior management or project management so our voices can be heard. b. I advise you to place a prominent post in your forums warning new customers of this limit and admitting it has existed for many years and has no committed timeline for resolution. c. I hope you'll understand I'm going to take a pretty firm stand on your smart switch products on Amazon reviews.
Options
2022-06-28 02:13:52

@Carl the limit of only 3 Smart Actions and TP-Links response is ridicules.  As a software engineer I am part of a team that adds new feature requests to every release of our software.   That's how a business  gains market share from competitors.   I don't understand why TP-Link doesn't think increasing Smart Actions would help improve the product.  This could take your product to the next level in home security automation.   I am wanting to have my Kasa outdoor cameras motion sensing turn on lights and other devices in my home but this becomes a limitation that has me looking at your competitors for alternatives.   I know why don't you open source the code and let people like me add the feature ?   

Options
2022-07-08 22:43:15

Hi,

You can add me to the long list of users frustrated by this limitation. 
Can we have an ETA for the roadmap item lifting it?

Thanks.

Options
2022-07-21 15:19:08

Guys:

I certainly remain convinced TP-Link is handling this poorly.  Nor are they at all responsible towards time frames in other things.   I write instead to share some work arounds for new guys:

1)  If you've read this thread you know Samsungs "Smart Things" is well regarded and apparently compatible.

2)  You've likely heard of IFTT, but it not you may want to look into that too.

3)  Personally, I choose to integrate w/Alexa. 

Note all three of those allow you to extend beyond simply Kasa actions.   As an example, I now turn on my Kasa driven porch lights on motion detection from my Ring doorbell, and have Alexa Guard trigger certain "you don't need to know" features in my security and video recording services.

This is not to same my way is correct, nor does it excuse Kasa.   Just one guys thoughts to help others.

all the best,

-d

Options
2022-09-11 21:08:16

@Carl I have the same issue. It is preventing me from buying additional Kasa smart switches at the moment. Any update on progress?

Options
2022-09-12 15:43:20

@Jasonr-newport 

All I can say is that we are working on something.  I can't say what it will entail or when it will be available yet, but its being worked on. 

Options