Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-02 20:13:05
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am adding smart switches to bathrooms and closets.  I had planned on having them all on a timer to turn off after 30 minuites or so.  I then found out you can only have 3 smart actions active.  Is there a work around somebody has found for this?

Options
193 Reply
Re:Smart actions more than 3 active
2019-12-02 22:36:45

@Fortify9 

No there is no work around, at this time it is by design.  Our smart home team is looking into the possiblity of increase the number of smart actions in the future but at this time you can only have 3 active. 

Options
2019-12-28 08:23:19

@Carl 

"It is by design"? Seriously?  Why would it be designed like that?  Why put in the effort of building a feature which is so limited?  I used up 3 smart actions in a single room.  What about the rest of my house?  Why can I create 50 actions but only enable 3 at a time?  How is that useful?  I'm supposed to build out a bunch of different smart actions/routines and then select the 3 that are most useful to me at any point?  I'm incredibly disappointed with my decision to install these devices instead of returning them to the store.
Could someone at least look into writing some IFTTT actions to support multiple device interaction, like WeMo? [https://ifttt.com/applets/105696p-turn-on-all-your-lights-from-a-single-switch-multiple-wemo-switches-req] [https://ifttt.com/applets/h5pzGVDb-turn-on-light-switch]

Options
2019-12-30 22:42:56

@cran1um 

I wish I had an answer for you.  I brought the same concern up when I was creating the smart action instructional video.  I have been told that they will be updating it soon but no word yet.  Unfortuntely when it comes to IFTTT commands Kasa devices can only be Action devices not trigger so that would not work as an alternative.  Creating routines in Alexa or Google apps is a possiblity as is SmartThings, though i am not familar with SmartThings so i could not say what its features are.  I will however provide this feedback to our Kasa Team and see if we can get an update on expanding the smart actions features. 

Options
2020-02-02 06:43:47

@Carl I came here to find out why only 3 active actions as well... Smart actions are a great feature. I really hoping the count limitation is not a long term thing. 

Options
2020-02-03 18:10:58

@kinetifex 

Yeah I wish i had a real answer to give but I don't.  Based on the limited launch of it, starting with just a few products and slowly adding others in I can only asume this is to kinda of weed out any bugs.  As I previously mentioned we have been told this will be updated, but we have not been given a time table of such an update.  When we have an update we can share i will update this thread through. 

Options
2020-03-29 04:49:31

@Carl hey can you please bump me as well once this gets updated. I've set these up to auto off the lights and the fans in the bathrooms. 3 just won't do it :(

Options
2020-03-30 19:09:12

@Eshock92 

Sure as soon as the update is applied I will provide details in this thread 

Options
2020-04-15 23:23:19

@Carl 

you have to be kidding me that only three smart actions can be enabled!  That is not acceptable. I just bought 5 more for bathroom fans purely for this functionality. I want to rip them all out and return. 

Options
2020-04-16 03:02:36

I mentioned the same concern last year when they were released. Still disappointed that they haven't made and update yet. 

There is another solution.  The Deco M9 Plus Mesh wifi system has a smart home hub built in. With this hub you can schedule smart action like functions. Including adding door locks and motion detectors to your home.  Of course the M9 Plus costs money. 

Ryab

Options
2020-04-16 16:08:03

@Emaxx3 

It was a decision beyond my or my team's control.  We are being told that the development team in charge of this function are looking at ways to improve it and well as add more active connections.  Once we have an update we will update this thread. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 18

Views: 27018

Replies: 194