Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart actions more than 3 active

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
193 Reply
Re:Smart actions more than 3 active
2021-06-08 06:07:03

@R.A. Agree - that was one of the options I listed above (along with Alexa which is another very simple way to go) - neither requires a Hub to create & use their automations

Please note that I do not work for, or have any affiliation with, Kasa TP Link. I am simply an enthusiast who likes helping if I can.
Options
2021-06-14 11:57:15

I agree with others in this epically long thread, that this is somewhere between ridiculous and unacceptable. 

Carl says there are several reasons why a feature may be limited and it could be anything from a limitation on a server to a question of cost... well that's fair enough if you can tell us what the reasons are, but to just say the dev team won't tell you is silly - you all work for the same company!

If they don't fix this feature I'll be moving completely away from Kasa.

Options
2021-06-18 03:05:46

@Carl I last posted to this thread in September of 2020. I sympathize with your lack of information on the status of increasing the number of smart actions, but you have to admit, not to have an answer yes or no to this question which was posed in April 2020 isn't acceptable. It's pretty clear at this point that the answer is "no" and we're just being strung along to retain us as customers. Continued lack of IFTTT support is also a strong negative. It's really a shame, as TP-Link Kasa switches are excellent devices, easy to install and reliable in operation. Except they only support a trivial level of home automation capability that customers want and your competitors provide. Between two homes, I currently have 10 Kasa plugs and power strips, and 8 Kasa switches - I won't be buying any more. I'll just wait until Wyze releases their smart switch (they already have a plug) and replace all my Kasa switches and plugs. It'll cost me more money, and the quality of Wyze products isn't as high as TP-Link, but if I ever want to expand my system's capabilities, it's pretty clear that Kasa isn't the way to go. Sorry to see TP-Link doesn't see customer needs and competitiveness as a priority. 

Options
2021-08-18 02:28:27

@Carl It's by design?  TP-Link needs to rethink their product development team.  This is a head-scratcher.

Options
2021-08-18 02:31:55

@Carl Any update?

Options
2021-08-18 14:17:31

@Carl 

Checking in a little over a year later.  We can still only enable 3 smart actions.  Any word yet?

I could check back next year but I'll be building a new house in the Spring and will need all new switches.  Do you know what the delay is?

Thanks!

Options
2021-08-18 16:58:48

@CameraShy @rickneworleans 

No updates as of yet.  I have brought to the team seveal times now.  They are looking at what options that they can do but there is a lot going on in the backend of things right now so I do not know how high of a priority this has been given.  I can say if you use Samsung SmartThings you may be able to use that apps features in the interim.  Kasa is fully compatible with it. 

Options
2021-08-30 01:22:37

@Carl are there any updates on this serious limitation issue?

Options
2021-08-30 18:13:45

@thelopi 

No not yet and I honestly doubt we will have anything before the end of the year. As has been metioned earlier in this post there were several reasons why the service was limited to 3 when it first launched.  Now I can only assume it comes down to logistics and cost evaluation.  As there is a lot going on in the smart home product line right now and do not beleive we will see movement on this until the early part of next year.  This is just my assesement based on the current track record of changes and that major changes don't typically happen right before or durning a holiday shopping season.  If there are changes made rest assured i will update this thread immeditatly. 

Options
2021-10-11 14:59:01

It is amazing that this limitation still exists. I have lots of Kasa products, and have just added another one, but ran into this fiasco. I can't possibly continue to recommend Kasa at this point.

Options